New Network License Server
I am in the process of switching over from stand alone licensing to concurrent network licensing.
- I have created a new Server using Windows 2003 Server Standard x86
- I have installed the AutoCAD 2012 Network License Manager
- I then got my licenses from the registeronce.autodesk.com website (we have 4 licenses so I had to combine the files using the instructions I found)
- I then created a basic deployment for a test pointing it to my license server and installed it on a pc to trial.
Ok, so my issue is this.
When I open AutoCAD 2012 I get the following error.
"A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager"
after a bit of searching, I found it can be caused by incorrect date/time so I made sure thats correct (they all sync from same NTP server so its not that)
I can ping the new license server and for a test, If I shutdown the license server and open AutoCAD I get a different error
"Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FlexNet license server manager could not determine where to find the licesning data it need. Please choose one of the following"
- Specify the License Server
- Specify the license file
This tells me there is definetly some communication to the license server
So my next step I thought It had to do with my license, so I redownloaded one single license out of the 4 and tried that license file, same issue.
When I run the server diagnostics It tells me how many licenses are avaible and how many are free (all of them)
I have also made sure there is no firewall at all between my test pc and server.
This is my first time using this ADFlex license server so I am sure the issue will probably be minor but I a stuck where to go next.
Any help much appreciated.