Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render in Formit 360

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
GreggJD2
2547 Views, 6 Replies

Render in Formit 360

Hello,

I'm curious if the Formit team is experimenting with rendering functionality. I realize the program is intended for sketching ideas and the 10-minute-model focus, but my team seems to think that a model with built-in solar, geometry and materials should be able to go one step further into cloud rendering or possibly plug into V-Ray. It seems like a hurdle to spend time applying materials to objects and have those discarded when the mass is imported into Revit.

Hopefully you can let me know what the team is thinking about Formit rendering.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Tobias_Hathorn
in reply to: GreggJD2

Hi Gregg - Thanks for your posts on the topic. I'll reach out to you directly to discuss your comment about Materials and Revit.

With regards to Rendering - this is a topic we are thinking about, and we are taking the first steps to support now. There won't be anything we can offer in the coming months - but it is a high priority area as we feel the same way your team does. Renderings are certainly a part of Conceptual / Schematic / Presentation imagery. 

So short answer to your question - yes, we are experimenting.

Tobias

Message 3 of 7
vabuk2013
in reply to: Tobias_Hathorn

Hi Tobius,

Thanks to the formit team for the creation of this product but am also egar to ask that how far we are on the way of rendering now.

Regards.

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 7
Tobias_Hathorn
in reply to: vabuk2013

Hello! Thank you for the kudos. It feels good to know that our work is appreciated. For Rendering...

- in the short term your best bet will be going from FormIt to Revit, and then rendering there (in VR, Raytrace, or Cloud - or any other of the awesome rendering plug-ins available for Revit). We'll be announcing some helpful features in this workflow in the coming weeks

- longer term, it would be great to render right in FormIt - but we don't have anything to announce on that front at this time!

Thanks,

Tobias

Message 5 of 7
vabuk2013
in reply to: Tobias_Hathorn

Hello,

Could we get any in built rendering engine  like SketchUp in FormIt soon? So that we could save time and hazards in exporting it to other applications. Thanks to FormIt team for their hard work.

Message 6 of 7
josh.goldstein
in reply to: vabuk2013

Thanks for your kind words, and the reminder that rendering is an important feature.

We did just release a plugin infrastructure with v17, so it's possible we could entice an established rendering engine out there to build a FormIt plugin until we support something natively. Rest assured we're aware of the desire here. We'll do what we can, when we can. 

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 7 of 7
vabuk2013
in reply to: josh.goldstein

Thanks, I should check it out.

We will eagerly wait to have rendering engine in Plug-ins or natively but what about the realistic rendering of all masses created from all Autodesk product with all entourages, trees, materials etc. in central cloud platforms like A360 or BIM 360 or in a entirely new platform which can deal a lot of file formats like .obj, .axm, .DAE, .fbx etc? Again as masses are not so heavy and are not so complex, what about a real-time rendering engine like the material editor of Formit or Unity etc.?!

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report