Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formit Pro Trial preventing Activation

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jpolding
934 Views, 7 Replies

Formit Pro Trial preventing Activation

Hi,

My company purchased me a license of Formit Pro. I previously had a 30 day trial. I uninstalled the Windows Formit Pro trial. After I reinstalled I was asked to log in to verfiy my license. Then it said my trial had expired and I don't have a license (but I do). Any ideas how I activate this license?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Tobias_Hathorn
in reply to: jpolding

Hello! Thank you for posting.

Is it possible that the FormIt Pro license is associated with your company's A360 account management and is not assigned to you personally yet?

You can check if you have the FormIt Pro subscription associated with your A360 ID here: https://manage.autodesk.com/

If it looks like you have the subscription, but it's still not working - here's an idea to try:

Remove the FormIt entry in your registry and run FormIt again. Here's how to do this:

- Go to Windows start bar and search for 'regedit' - run command

- Find the FormIt folder by going to: 

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER

- SOFTWARE

- Autodesk

- FormIt 360

- Delete this FormIt 360 folder (by right clicking it and choosing delete)

- Now restart FormIt - you will need to log-in and it should re-check your current license credentials.

Deleting the registry is annoying, but relatively harmless - the only data you could lose is your custom keyboard shortcuts (which can be exported before clearing out the registry) and your content library locations (which shouldn't be too painful to remap).

Thanks - I hope one of these solutions helps!

Tobias

Message 3 of 8
jpolding
in reply to: Tobias_Hathorn

Thanks for the reply. Our account manager says that Formit Pro is not listed when trying to grant access to my username (even though it says we have 10 seats). Someone from my office thinks Autodesk hasn't updated our list of software maybe...

I tired the regedit to no avail.

Message 4 of 8
Tobias_Hathorn
in reply to: jpolding

OK Sorry you had to lose your registry settings and it didn't help - but at least we know it's an account issue, not a system or software bug!

I don't know what's the best way to resolve this issue unfortunately. We could wait 24 hours to see if something processes. I'll send you a direct message too so you can email me directly.

Message 5 of 8
jpolding
in reply to: Tobias_Hathorn

Looks like we just had to wait for Autodesk to update our account. My software coordinator was able to assign me a license and I'm in...now to connect Dynamo! Thanks for your quick response to help.

Message 6 of 8

I'm having similar trouble with FormIt. I've been assigned with a Pro license for several weeks, but even after deleting the registry, the sign-in page (browser-based and desktop app) indicate my trial from over a year ago has expired.

Adam Nicholes, Assoc AIA, M.Arch
Message 7 of 8
vollart
in reply to: adamnicholes

Adam,

I am sorry you are having trouble logging in. Sometimes expired trials conflict with the paid entitlement. I can help you with this. I will DM you with instructions

Message 8 of 8
siravi.seo
in reply to: vollart

Okay we can try it and then deiced.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report