Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not save OBJ

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rkjsmiley1
288 Views, 2 Replies

Can not save OBJ

As the topic says, I cannot save OBJ. I created a simple block primitive and still getting fail message. I am using Amazon kindle tablet and have no access to PC or laptop. Looking for tablet solution only. Any ideas?

Thanks, RJ

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
josh.goldstein
in reply to: rkjsmiley1

Hi RJ,

Can you tell us exactly what error you're seeing?

Can you also verify that you are signed in to the app? You should see your name in the upper right corner. Saving an OBJ from the Android app will generate a .zip file with the OBJ in your A360 Drive, so you'll have to be signed in to do this.

I was able to save an OBJ using a Galaxy Tab S. If you are still unable to save the OBJ, this could be a Kindle-specific issue we're not aware of.

Regards,

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 3 of 3
rkjsmiley1
in reply to: josh.goldstein

Thank you for replying.
The error message says " OBJ failed to save. Try again. "
I saw another comment in forum like mine but for some reason it start working for the other individual.

Yes I am logged in and do see my name. I have downloaded the A360 app and checked the A360 Drive but do not see any activity there.

What I'm doing is double clicking the object and selecting "save OBJ". And you are right it could be a kindle thing, they do tend to separate themselves from the general population.

Recently I've been inspired to sell an idea I have and I simply don't have the funds to acquire software. I love your app and it would be perfect for what I need. Either way I'll figure out something.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.
Thank you.
RJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report