Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D mouse not supported ?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
FigySTU
1980 Views, 14 Replies

3D mouse not supported ?

Hi there !

I am trying 3D mouse (3D connexion SpaceMouse Pro). It works perfectly in other 3D softwares, but when I tried it in FormIt 360 (for windows not in browser) it didn't work. 

So, how can I set it up ? Or, does not FormIt support 3d mouse ? 

thanks for answers 😉

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
gnavarro
in reply to: FigySTU

Looking for the same support, are there any drivers available for 3dconnexion on Formit?

Message 3 of 15
goldmanje
in reply to: gnavarro

I am looking for the same information. Need to be able to use my space navigator in Formit. I'll be in Sketchup until then...

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 15
tvollaro
in reply to: goldmanje

There is no 3D Connexion driver for FormIt at this time and we do not have a timeline for planned support.

Tom Vollaro
Experience Design Architect - Autodesk
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 15
daniel
in reply to: tvollaro

If Autodesk really wants to compete with Sketchup and make the Revit users be in the Autodesk environment, then there should be a driver for Formit soon.

Please work on it and listen to us, the users:I)

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 15

it will be very helpful to be able to make the switch for some sketchup users to Formit.

Message 7 of 15
gnavarro

Do you have a different solution in mind?

@tvollaro wrote:

There is no 3D Connexion driver for FormIt at this time and we do not have a timeline for planned support.

Message 8 of 15
j.lingard

@tvollaro wrote:

I really want to encourage Autodesk to do something about this. If FORMIT is to stand any chance of competing with SketchUp, which has such an established user base, then the tools and add-ons need to be just as good and as accessible/intuitive to use.

Message 9 of 15

I am agree with the reply of this man because once time also same as problem of my 3D mouse but when i correct the planning of the timing ...it work

Message 10 of 15
stein
in reply to: gnavarro

still no spacemouse / 3d mouse  support ?? 

Message 11 of 15
CarlMaxey3179

I am waiting for this input device support too.  

Message 12 of 15

Another plead to urgently add 3D Connextion mouse support. All other Autodesk software seems to support it and its hard work going back working without a 3D mouse. Any updates on planned support?

Message 13 of 15
pdawkinsEP7FZ

You really need to consider this and not blow this off. 

Message 14 of 15
pdawkinsEP7FZ

I sent this to autodesk.

It seems that you have no support for a 3d mouse in FormIt Pro and There seems to be some confusion as someone representing Autodesk in the forums arrogantly claims that you’re not considering. This is contrary to the Autodesk culture which is forward thinking and always improving productivity options with your products. Please do not overlook the possibility of allowing the use of a 3d mouse in Formit.

Message 15 of 15
j.lingard

Autodesk - I cannot emphasise the importance of this enough. Unlike your inactive stance Trimble are actively developing Revit interoperative and analysis tools which will further strengthen SketchUp appeal. If you want Formit to have a prescence you need to make it appealing. Don't make the mistake that you did with Architectural Studio!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report