Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d logistics plan

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
diesellam
1168 Views, 7 Replies

3d logistics plan

I want to know what's the best way to create a 3d logistics plan?

Like something that can be interactive.  For example, when I'm presenting the 3d logistics plan, I can easily "drag and drop" the component from a symbol library and into the project site.

Maybe it's not necessarily a specific software, but rather a combination of different software that can achieve a result like this?

I think Formit is pretty close but not quite there in terms of what I really want.

Any suggestion or idea is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
josh.goldstein
in reply to: diesellam

Hi David,

You can use the FormIt Content Library to point to a local directory of FormIt files, from which you can drag and drop the geometry into the canvas. From your description, it sounds like you could interactively create and modify a 3d logistics plan with a client engaged using this feature, which is available on FormIt Windows, Web, and iOS.

I made a little snippet of dropping program blocks from our Content Library into the canvas which might be what you're looking for. Once placed, you can move or modify the blocks however you want. The next time you place the geometry from the Content Library, you'll be placing the original (unmodified) version.

20181001 content library program blocks.gif

You can learn more about using the Content Library here or here. And you can download our example Content Library folder, which includes the program blocks in the recording above, here. 

Hope this helps.

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 3 of 8
diesellam
in reply to: josh.goldstein

Thanks for the video.

So those objects in the contents library, they can be any file format or they have to be in certain file format?

Is it possible to make a simple animation like showing the building getting built from ground up?

Message 4 of 8
josh.goldstein

Hi again David,

The Content Library will display FormIt files (.AXM). 

As for the second question, if I understand it correctly, you could use a mix of Layers and Scenes to deconstruct/organize the various pieces of a finished design model and toggle their visibility to get the effect of animating the construction from the ground up. You would create a Layer to contain each element (foundation, structure, walls, windows, details...), and make corresponding Scenes that toggle the Layers on in succession with a certain amount of time between Scenes. You could then play the Scenes from start to finish from the Scenes palette, and record the resulting animation with a 3rd party screen record tool. FormIt doesn't currently have video export capabilities.

Regards,

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 5 of 8

@diesellam wrote:

I want to know what's the best way to create a 3d usorda usa plan?

Like something that can be interactive.  For example, when I'm presenting the 3d logistics plan, I can easily "drag and drop" the component from a symbol library and into the project site.

Maybe it's not necessarily a specific software, but rather a combination of different software that can achieve a result like this?

I think Formit is pretty close but not quite there in terms of what I really want.

Any suggestion or idea is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

your plan is superb and i want to know more about it. I worked in big corporation of logistics and they want to know more about it.

Message 6 of 8
lucdoucet_msdl

@diesellam 

There is an Autodesk Gallery project done in FormIt by @thereversearchitect here:

Residence Langlois-Lessard

that has an animation captured by Autodesk screenCast which is similar to the layer solution posted by @josh.goldstein. Rather than showing à the construction phases, it refines a starting volumetric building shape to illustrate the design intent of manipulation of the form, materials and openings thru the use of sequential scenes displaying layers. Additional layers are used to add 3D graphics that appear to help explain the steps.

Hope this helps,

-luc

Message 7 of 8

Links are so helpful.Thanks

Message 8 of 8
elizasimx

The project team settled on Autodesk’s Infraworks, an infrastructure design software, as the right solution for this project and client. Infraworks has powerful capabilities to create site logistics plans using interactive fence placement, laydown area creation, and road building. The team built 3D models of the site’s existing buildings and modeled future buildings to complete a real-time site rendering.  These capabilities helped our clients better visualize the logistics and impact to surrounding occupied areas adjacent to the build site

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report