Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Units

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Talenton56
332 Views, 10 Replies

Units

Can't use dimensions with entire and decimal input in metric system (formit360 iPad Pro)

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
josh.goldstein
in reply to: Talenton56

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you clarify which tool(s) specifically you are using that prevents you from entering decimal inputs while in metric?

Thanks,

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 3 of 11
af566af566
in reply to: josh.goldstein

Hi there,

I have the same problem entering decimal numbers in metric.

lines, rectangles, extusions, all have the error. For example, If you enter "2.4 m" it creates a 24 m distance.

please correct this problem.

thanks

Message 4 of 11
josh.goldstein
in reply to: af566af566

Hi af566af566,

Are you on iPad also?

Can you verify if this is happening in a model that was previously saved in metric units, or in a new sketch? Or both?

This sounds bad! We would love to fix this but haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet.

Thanks,

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 5 of 11
af566af566

Hi Josh,

The problem using decimal expressions ocurs in both Ipad and Web versión, saved models and new ones.

I hope you get to the solution.

Thanks
Message 6 of 11
josh.goldstein

Hi all,

We are actively looking into this high-priority issue and apologize for the inconvenience.

We have not been able to reproduce this yet, and we do a fair bit of modeling in Metric as part of our testing. Because we are testing in the US, we suspect this may be related to a regional or locale setting on the machine.

Can you folks please confirm the following:

1. What locale is your machine set to? Is there a setting enabled that changes the keyboard input based on your location/language?

2. When you enter something like "5.25m" can you verify that FormIt is displaying the value with a period ( . ) and not a comma ( , )?

If you enter a comma (5,25m) it looks like FormIt is disregarding that and turning it into 525m. This could be related but we'd like to confirm with your help.

Thanks,

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 7 of 11

On Windows, you can look at Regional settings by doing this:

- Search for "Region" on Windows

- The dialog should look like the attached "region (1).png" image

- Click Additional settings... - this dialog should look like attached "region (2).png"

Let us know what the "Decimal symbol" value is, or take a screenshot of the Additional Settings dialog and post here.

Thanks!

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 8 of 11
af566af566

Hi Josh,

My Windows system is set Region Chile and decimal symbol is comma. I will try changing the settings as you suggested later if it works, but I am more interested in using the app on the Ipad.

I hope you can fix this on next versions.

Regards,
Message 9 of 11
josh.goldstein

Hi, Thanks so much for confirming.

We have reproduced this and are fixing it now.

I'll be in touch soon to confirm a release date for an upcoming app update that will resolve this issue across platforms.

Stay tuned. Thanks!

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 10 of 11

Hi all,

We released an update for our iPad and Web versions that should fix this problem. They have been bumped to v14.2 - you can verify this in either app by going to the Info icon ( i ) and clicking "About"

Can you update your iPad app and/or check out our Web app (http://formit360.autodesk.com/app/) and let us know if the issue persists?

This fix is also coming to the Windows app tomorrow. Since we heard about this issue primarily on Web and iPad we've released those first.

Thanks,

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 11 of 11
arqain

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this problem?,

My Windows system set to Region Mexico, and decimal symbol is: period, and formit its representig the measures in the correct way, example 5.25, but when i draw a line with the input 5.25 it draws 525 mts.

But if i change my Windows settings, to decimal as a comma, formit works with no problem, if input 5,25 mts.

The problem is that im used to work with the decimal set to period, and if i work with another aplications at the same time its a little annoying.

Im using the windows version i just downloaded two days a go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report