Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run Formit Pro Trial Energy Analysis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alexis5G5SE
346 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to run Formit Pro Trial Energy Analysis

Hi,

I set a location, grouped the building, and applied levels.  Only the first level is showing an area, the other 3 show zero area.  The levels also aren't showing up even though I have checked them off on the Property tab.  When I try and run the energy analysis, I get an error saying "Insight project could not be created.  Please try again later."

Am I missing a step?  Is the energy analysis available for the trial version?

-Alexis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Alexis - I don't think you're missing anything - but there is probably some 'bad' geometry in your model which is causing it to be NOT solid

Try turning on Display Backfaces and Display Watertight issues (DB and DW keyboard shortcuts) - these will turn any 'bad' geometry red 

Once you clean up any red highlighted geometry then you should be able to analyze successfully, and import to Revit successfully (and 3d print successfully)

Message 3 of 3
smilksh
in reply to: Tobias_Hathorn

In addition to the suggestions from Tobias, the error you see about failing to create the project suggests an issue with the GBS entitlements for your account.

Please try logging into Green Building Studio directly with the account - https://gbs.autodesk.com/GBS/Project

If your log in is successful, then try again to run energy analysis from FormIt.

Please let us know if you continue to see problems.

Thanks!

-Heather

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report