Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue importing slt files into meshmixer from netfabb

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
airsoftwarrior345
902 Views, 1 Reply

Issue importing slt files into meshmixer from netfabb

Note- This is probobly the wrong forum, but there was no netfabb or meshmixer forum sections I could find, and someone asked a question about meshmixer in this one at one point so I went with it lol... 

Hello. So I'm trying to make a 3d printable mech model using game files for my friend as a Christmas present. I've made one before, but now I'm having issues.

So the issue is that when I import my parts of my assembled mech from netfabb into meshmixer to turn it into a solid 1 piece assembled mech / a few mech parts, instead of them importing into the right places to be put together (liek they are in netfabb) they are all just spread out. 

So like in netfabb I have several parts that make the arm. I repaired and exported them as stl's and imported them into meshmixer, the parts are no longer together. They are all spread out. But I need them to be together so that I can import them all and turn that into 1 printable arm piece. That kind of thing.

If I uncheck the flip z-y on import/export they all spawn on top of each other instead of far away, but I dont think that has anything to do with the issue.

Am I missing a step or something to make it so that my exported stl parts will haev the right coordinate to match up when I import them into meshmixer? I want to say this is the issue but I dont remember doing anything else last time.

Heres the guide I'm using for this project if anyone is interested. The guide starts like half way down the page, and the part im at is around 9 pictures down in the guide. where it talks about importing into meshmixer. But it just says to import the individual parts. Which isnt working for me :s

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/194331-3d-printing-fun/page__st__20

I made a mech to print like a year and a half ago or so and I dont think I had this issue. Maybe things work differently now, I'm not sure. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong this time. If you have any ideas please help, or if you need any more info to help please ask 🙂 Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Update. I fixed the issue by switching to meshmixer 2.9. So its either a feature I needed to manually do in 3 or its bugged. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report