Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Insight "Internal server error"

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kasimir.forth
673 Views, 10 Replies

Creating Insight "Internal server error"

I've a problem creating an Insight with the FormIT Website.
It says "Internal Server Problem" and I tried a lot create it.
Can you maybe help me?

Kind regards

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

A few suggestions when this occurs:

- Try to visit Green Building Studio's website and log in there with the same FormIt 360 account you're using in FormIt web LINK

- Try a simple building mass (cube?) apply levels to it, set your location and send that to Insight 360 to make sure it's working at all

- Make sure you're in Chrome or Firefox browser, and if you are then try the other browser just to be safe

If you continue to have issues then let us know - and we'll request the file to see if we can sort out what's the issue!

Thanks,

Tobias

Message 3 of 11
pm3E95K
in reply to: Tobias_Hathorn

Hi,

I've the same problem for a month now.

Trying a lot, the problem never as been solved.

- Log in at the Green Building Studio website and I can see the running projects;

- I've tried different browsers;

- Reset the settings on the destop (From Dutch Belgium To English United States);

- Checked out the setting of the proxy server;

- Work from another desktop;

- Tried to generate some insights at the webb-app and desktop software;

Could it be another solution?

Thanks a lot.

P.

Message 4 of 11
cwbrucker
in reply to: kasimir.forth

I have the same problem now, I have been trying for 2 weeks.

Now I'm a week behind with architecture school projects because of this. I keep getting "Internal Server Error" when using "Creating Insight" I can see my project on Green Building Studio but it doesn't give any valuable information. This is so frustrating now.

Message 5 of 11
Tobias_Hathorn
in reply to: cwbrucker

Sorry to hear about your issue running Energy Analysis through FormIt! Thanks for getting in touch on the Forums - there are a few suggestions above can you check the following?

- Have you turned on DW and DB (display watertight issues, and display backfaces) to see if there are any solid modeling errors?

- Have you been able to convert your FormIt AXM file to Revit 2017 with the FormIt Converter Add-in?

- Have you sent a basic shape with levels and location set to make sure that any Energy Analysis works from your set up?

- Are you using Windows or Web or iOS?

Feel free to respond here in this thread - I will also follow up directly to see if you can share your file and I can try to help with trouble shooting!

Thanks,

Tobias

Message 6 of 11
cwbrucker

Thanks for replying!

Good news is that I finally got it working! It is because of very small detail appearing during DW and DB being checked on. The building have to be 100% solid without any gap or void space.

Before I tried your suggestion above, I did try the Revit convert, not working.

Thanks for your help! I'll be using DW and DB from now on!

-Chris

Message 7 of 11
cwinches

I'm having the same issue and as far as I can tell, I have a completely water tight model. Can I send my model for review of the error? Additionally, Formit is not allowing me to save locally from the web browser. I'm using safari on Mac. Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
cwbrucker
in reply to: cwinches

Sure, message me the file if you wish. Also I believe Chrome or Firefox is always recommended for Formit 360 on web. Can try one of those?

Message 9 of 11
cwinches

Formit fails to launch on Chrome for Mac. I tried it on Firefox and I am still getting the same error. I will send you a message.

Message 10 of 11
teberhardt

how do you turn on DW?

Message 11 of 11
teberhardt
in reply to: teberhardt

I figured out the DW. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report