Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wind analysis- change the season

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
averylin
133 Views, 1 Reply

wind analysis- change the season

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the wind season option added to the wind analysis panel in the future, similar to what the help document(classic project) shows. If that's not feasible, do you have any suggestions on how to interpret the wind analysis results between summer and winter?  

averylin_0-1685430067994.png

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxime_briens
in reply to: averylin

Hello! Thank you for reaching out.

In classic, the wind rose is using different data sources. One of them : Global Wind Atlas, doesn’t give us temporal details allowing us to create a seasonal wind rose. We also had, in some specific countries, some local data providers that could give us more detailed data, allowing us to provide seasonal wind roses as you experienced.

In Forma, we are for now only using Global Wind Atlas, which doesn’t allow us to get access to that information.

First of all I am taking note of your need and will follow this feature request to our internal system.

On an other note, keep in mind that the results of the wind analysis on your site, given a selected wind direction and wind speed, does not depend on the weather data. This means that you can search for local seasonal wind trends and select the appropriate direction as well as wind speed, and visualise the resulting analysis.

Let me know if you need any additional help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report