Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggeling with wind analyses in Forma

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JanikeMarlenRype11252
306 Views, 3 Replies

Struggeling with wind analyses in Forma

I am struggling with the wind analyses in Forma. When I put the settings on for wind strength and direction, and run the analyse, the result come out the same everytime, self of I am changing the settings. I want also the result to show what direction and strenght it has from the analyse.
Is there some better documentation than I have found on Formas sites somewhere? A webinar? I would be gratful for tip.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

The documentation for detailed wind analysis can be found here. We also cover wind analysis in the onboarding webinar which you can watch a recording of here. In the recording, wind analysis is covered starting at minute 34:00. You also have the opportunity to join the next live webinar.

In this particular case it is important to distinguish rapid and detailed wind analysis, because their settings are independent. Setting direction and wind speed before running a detailed analysis only applies to the rapid wind analysis. To specify wind direction and speed in a detailed analysis, you must open the detailed analysis and then apply the settings you want in the right panel. If you are only interested in the detailed analysis results, you can skip changing settings before running it.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks a lot. When I use the Direction function there is no problem (and was no problem befoore either), but what I am actually wondering about is if the Comfort result is not to be change? Is that only a reference for the wind from all directions? That will answar my question about why it does not change.

Message 4 of 4

Yes, the Comfort result is based on wind from all directions. We do not currently support wind comfort with a given wind direction.

The pedestrian comfort analysis combines the wind flow patterns with the probabilities defined in the wind rose to predict where there will be areas with uncomfortable wind speeds over time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report