Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space and layout Optimization Analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ericlim90
139 Views, 1 Reply

Space and layout Optimization Analysis

Good day to all.

Im working in a MNC manufacturing company as architecture and space management. I am often require to study to maximize the factory area with the site given. I'm not sure if Forma / Spacemaker can  help me on this but below is my doubta that this software could assist me.

Boundary condition:

- 60m as building maximum height 

- Building setback of 20m (building and building), 40m (building to main road)

- Total 4 main building / area to be in a site which are factory building, facility building, admin building and substation. These building required area are tied to the factory area as a ratio as such 1:3 for factory to facility building, 1:2 for factory to admin building. For instance, to build a factory area of 50k sqm, I need 150k sqm (50k sqm * 3) and 100k sqm (50k sqm * 2).

Scenario study - with a given land space, what is the maximum factory area I can built in with other ancillary building such as facility building, open area car park, admin building?

I tried to search for the tutorial but couldn't get the relevant study. What I found is mainly the sunlight study, view and etc. If Autodesk Forma could make an tutorial of how to maximize the land space with the boundary condition aforementioned, it will be helpful for me before purchase it. 

Hope any expert here can help on this.

Thank you

Eric

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
arne.bjelland
in reply to: ericlim90

Hi Eric!

Thank you for reaching out and thank you also for explaining your workflow. Right now we do only partially cover some of this workflows and I will try to give you an introductions to the capabilities that is related to what you are asking:

Regarding the boundary condition | We do have a category named "Constraints" (please read more about it here: link) which defines a maximum space which is allowed to build within. Right now, we do not have any automatic validations, but since the constraint is transparent you can visually check if your building is outside or within. Please also take a look at the video "Showcase 1" in this help article: link. Combining constraints, with linebuildings with a defined width, could be a good way to start.

Scenario study | We are currently working on generative features and you can read more about this initiative here: link. What types of features we will start introducing to our users is yet not decided.

Thanks again for your question.

Regards.

Arne Bjelland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators