Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site map size limitations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
niklas_nesterWKLV7
94 Views, 2 Replies

Site map size limitations

I'm wondering if it's possible to extend the limitation of the map displayed at the project startup. Is it feasible to expand this through any settings, or is it a limitation within the system?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Niklas, yes that is right, we do have a limitation of just under 2 x 2 km^2 of map area. There are multiple technical reasons for that. The main challenge is to be able to support larger terrain models because in order to increase the terrain area without a loss of precision, we quickly run into various performance issues with rendering and design tools and so on. 
Could you perhaps elaborate on the specific need for larger area? Are you looking into modelling larger projects or do you simply want to see more context around your project? 
Cheers, Håkon

Message 3 of 3

Hi!
Yep. I attempted to incorporate an area related to the development of an entirely new district, but the constraint proved was too narrow. Currently, I primarily planning use forma to facilitate the transfer of land surfaces into Revit, to evaluate this functionality and usability in the later stages of the planning process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report