Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Snapping Behavior

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eklingerHFVZ3
126 Views, 1 Reply

No Snapping Behavior

When trying to push pull a section of a basic building there does not seem to be any snapping behavior to align with existing faces. I attached a gif showing this frustrating behavior. You can see in the gif that I simply want to push the portion of the building on the right back to match the offset of the left side. I would expect this to work similar to sketchup but I have not been able to get it to work if that is a coded behavior. I think many members of the community would find this basic behavior appreciated. This is just one of the many small things holding Forma back from being something truly great

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi, and thanks for making us aware of this!

When testing this, I get the intended behaviour as long as I try to snap to other buildings or surroundings, but it specifically fails when trying to snap to other parts of the same building. My guess is that this is just a bug where the shape under editing is not included as snapping context. The team is looking into a fix.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon!

Regards,
Espen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators