Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Elements - Edges missing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
k_scholtyssek
189 Views, 1 Reply

Imported Elements - Edges missing

Hello @Anonymous,

i recently downloaded some data from forma and imported it directly through the "Send to Revit(Beta)" Button. Unfortunately the cubes wont show all of their edges, so the grafics display of the surrounding is not that good as it could be.

I wrote about it on the Revit Forum:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-bim-360-deutsch/linien-von-importierten-geometrien-werden-nicht-angezeigt/m-p/12443353/highlight/false#M16550

there someone said, that it is a problem because the geometry is a direct shape, and that only the developer could handle this?

so here is my question:

is there a possibility to translate the direct shape geometry into a revit modelled one, or should i wait for a maybe fix to this situation?

Kind regards

Kevin

k_scholtyssek_0-1702643124619.png

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
smilksh
in reply to: k_scholtyssek

Kevin,

Thank you for the message.

Unfortunately yes, as the folks in the Revit forum said, Revit does not give the user the ability to override the appearance of Direct Shape elements.

Getting into the details, we are creating tessellated mesh Direct Shapes, which indeed do not have an ideal visual presentation in Revit, but it does allow us to represent arbitrary geometry efficiently.

We are looking at using Revit solids when possible as well as other ways to improve the visual appearance of these elements or give users tools to customize their appearance, but do not have an alternative at this time.

Thanks again for the question,

-Heather from Forma

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report