Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported DXF not visible

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
caoimhe_loftus
399 Views, 9 Replies

Imported DXF not visible

Hi,

We've imported a dxf into a project but it's not visible except when we hover over it in the layer menu. Is this a glitch?

Caoimhe Loftus

EESignature

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hello!

Yes - unfortunately we had some issues with rendering of DXF-imported geometry today. A fix was just deployed, so this should work as expected again. Let us know if you still see any issues.

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

It seems we have the same problem, two days ago all was fine. When can we expect the fix to take effect?

Message 4 of 10

@leslieingFJ93F We apparently had two different problems around this. A fix has been deployed for both. Can you confirm things are working as expected again?

Message 5 of 10

Hey Henrik,

It was fixed, Hoewever the displayed line width is a lot wider than before. Best would be an option to control the displayed line width, if possible. The dxf is hard to read because of this.

leslieingFJ93F_0-1709911686259.png

Message 6 of 10

Was your DXF rescaled (e.g. change of units) after it was imported?

Are you able to provide a sample DXF file where you see a clear problem around this, which we can use to improve the experience?

Henrik

Message 7 of 10

I exported the drawing from autocad in 1:1 scale, and then imported in Forma in mm.

Message 8 of 10

I can reproduce the problem here. You can workaround it by exporting your DXF in meters (if that's possible, I'm not sure). We're looking into a proper fix, but not sure we'll be able to do so before Monday.

Message 9 of 10

Thanks for looking into it, Monday is perfect! In the meantime I will try exporting in different ways/sizes.

Message 10 of 10

@henrik_steenJL382 did this ever get resolved? I'm having a similar issue but am testing whether I can adapt the units within the dwg/dxf before exporting.

Caoimhe Loftus

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report