Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use scenarios in Next-Gen

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
PetroGiancotti
160 Views, 1 Reply

How to use scenarios in Next-Gen

Hi. I used scenarios in classic to stress test my proposal under different premisses and surrounding setups like new neighbour buildings. The upper menu is gone, and I can see there are new scenario layers, but I dont understand the logic.

Skjermbilde 2023-03-09 kl. 14.13.32.png

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @PetroGiancotti
Scenarios have been reimagined with Nex-Gen to be more flexible. You can now have any element at the proposal or scenario level. Eg. you can have trees that you won't change at the scenario level, and trees that you will plant in your proposal level. These levels are different layer categories in Next-Gen. Read this article for more details. 

There are 2 types of layers:

• Proposal Layers is a list of all the elements that exist within the currently selected proposal. 
  • Scenario Layers is a list of all the elements that exist within a scenario, across all proposals that have that scenario selected. See below how you can designate different scenarios to a proposal.

Skjermbilde 2023-03-09 kl. 14.33.11.png
My proposal 1 is using Scenario A "Without bridge". This scenario contains buildings and a generic shape.

If you want to move an element from the proposal level to the scenario, select it, right-click, and choose Move to scenario. The element will land on the scenario that you have designated for that proposal, Scenario A "Without bridge", in this case.

Skjermbilde 2023-03-09 kl. 14.39.33.png

I hope you find this reply helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report