Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts about acronyms used in spacemaker

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ruyraoli
525 Views, 4 Replies

Doubts about acronyms used in spacemaker

As I am Brazilian, I am not familiar with American acronyms and I need to understand what they represent in my country, if anyone can help me, I will be grateful. Here are images that I have doubts about the term, despite understanding the numbers.

ruyraoli_0-1665076958907.png

ruyraoli_0-1665077509135.png

Você achou uma postagem útil? Então fique à vontade para curtir essas postagens!
Sua pergunta obteve uma resposta que resolveu a duvida? Então clique no botão Aceitar Solução.

Rui Raoli
Eng. Civil Esp. em Design de Interiores e Iluminação | Gerente BIM

EESignature

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
marthe.brondbo
in reply to: ruyraoli

@ruyraoli thanks for asking! I am not able to help you, but maybe some of our other users are? I have also reached out to my colleague @Anonymous as he is portuguese. Hoping someone can help you out!

Message 3 of 5

Hi @ruyraoli
Below is a list of what each acronym stands for. I don't know how they are locally interpreted in Brazil, but we try to explain that on our help center: International area metrics or you can see it as a representation inside "Project Settings" > "Buildings" inside the actual project. If you are interested in any other of our area metric calculations then you can find your appropriate one from this list: https://help.spacemaker.ai/en/?q=area+metrics

The two projects that you are referring to are in different countries and that is the reason for the two different metrics acronyms. In some countries, we are using the local way of calculating the areas, and to not confuse the user we then use the acronym used by that country for that stat. So GFA (Gross Floor area) and BTA (Norwegain stat for GFA) is the same, it just tells the user that we are using the local calculation method for that country. 

Full nameInternational acronymNorwegian acronym

Gross floor area

GFABTA
Gross internal areaGIABRA
Net internal areaNIABRAs

We have added a tooltip on hover so that this will be easier to see in the future

arnebassoeeriksen_0-1665574353740.png

Message 4 of 5

Hi @arne.bassoe-eriksen 

Thanks for clarifying my doubt, now yes! Let's learn more about spacemaker.

Você achou uma postagem útil? Então fique à vontade para curtir essas postagens!
Sua pergunta obteve uma resposta que resolveu a duvida? Então clique no botão Aceitar Solução.

Rui Raoli

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
ruyraoli
in reply to: marthe.brondbo

Hi @marthe.brondbo 

Thank you for your effort and attention. I introduced the spacemaker to my students, then post some results here.

Rui Raoli

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators