Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building house - snaping

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
erika_backman
148 Views, 1 Reply

Building house - snaping

I have been trying to create cabins in two different ways. One modelling with volumes, one with the tool buidling - house. It is necessary to divide them into to two component in order to understand and calculate areas. 

1st: When modeling with volumes i miss having the option to color the roof, now it looks really out of place. 

2nd: Modeling with hose it only seem to snap to the terrain, which led me to put different heights on the different units in order to align them. Is there anyway to snap them together? 

Thanks! 

Erika@ATRIO 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Thanks for asking!

I fully understand the confusion as it is unnecessary complicated as it is right now. 

To your questions: 

1st: It is not possible to add roofs like the ones you see for "housing" on basic buildings unfortunately

2st: It is not possible to align housing with the same elevation. One workaround could be to draw a (flat)terrainpad beneath the housing. This will make the housing have the same elevation.

We will continue to iterate on these capabilities to make them better so thanks for feedback/question.

Regards,

Arne

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums