Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base building excluded from area metric

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
s_lassy-asboth4QGFD
242 Views, 1 Reply

Base building excluded from area metric

Hi,

is there a way to generally exclude generated base buildings from the area metric and just include proposal buildings?

At the moment I'm defining the analysis area so that only the defined buildings on the plot are being taken into account. Here a few pictures to visualize what I mean.

But as soon as I use the new Board functions all Buildings areas are being included.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

s_lassyasboth4QGFD_1-1714051882334.png

s_lassyasboth4QGFD_4-1714052085221.png

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Thank you for your question!

In the current setup of Boards, the analysis selection is not included. However, there's a potential workaround you may consider. You can apply a function to the buildings in the Base, which is currently not taken into account in the Area Metrics. It's important to note that you cannot exclude a function for the standard GFA or BC. However, it's possible to create a custom Metric where this can be accomplished.

Please bear in mind that this is merely a workaround. We are actively working towards finding a more efficient solution to support your use case in the future.

I hope you find this information helpful. Have a wonderful day!

Best regards, Arne

arnebjelland_0-1714380961743.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators