Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Forma - Saved Views

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
eklingerHFVZ3
1888 Views, 21 Replies

Autodesk Forma - Saved Views

I am in the process of creating some analysis studies for a master planning effort and am realizing there does not seem to be any way to create and save views for repeated image exports like there was in the previous version of space maker. Is this a planned feature for Autodesk Forma?  Without it it will be very inconvenient having to export all images at one time to ensure continuity and/or trying to match the perspective when exporting images at a later date. 

Note: this post was revised after the rebranding from Spacemaker Next-gen to Autodesk Forma

Labels (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Hi and thank you for your feedback!

We have this functionality in the Classic projects of Spacemaker but we have not had the time to implement it to Next Gen yet. It is absolutely something we would like to implement but not sure when we have time to prioritise it. 

Regards.

Arne

Message 3 of 22

I am glad to hear it is being implemented as it is something that we find absolutely necessary when using the tool. Will this be implemented before the product gets released on May 8th. It has been hard to recommend the next gen product to my team members over the classic with some of the features, like saved views,  that are missing.

Message 4 of 22

Hi,

We have now added the possibility to export analysis results as png images. We hope you would like to try it out and give us feedback! We are currently working on saving camera positions, so that it will be easier to export consistent images.

Regards,

Hilde

Skjermbilde 2023-04-14 kl. 09.38.07.png

Hilde Bakkeli
Product Manager
Message 5 of 22

This added feature is really appreciated and streamlines the process. It would be great if the export function could be added to the Area Metrics views giving us the option to export the same quality image of area breakdowns.  I tested this with the microclimate result graphics enabled because I was curious how it would handle the export when there are more graphics than can fit on my screen. I tested it on two differently sized screens and each time the full extents of the graphics were cutoff from the export. I attached an export so you can see for yourself. Obviously it would be ideal if all the information could be included in the exports. 

thanks

Message 6 of 22

Thanks for reporting this! I have passed the information on to the product team. 

Hilde

Hilde Bakkeli
Product Manager
Message 7 of 22

Thank you for the feedback!

I'm one of the engineers working on the Microclimate analysis, and have just made some changes that should fix the issues you experienced with the right side panel being cropped. Please let us know if you still experience issues with it.

I still have to verify if similar issues exist for the other analyses with screenshot support, but will add the same fixes for them if needed.

- Håkon

Håkon Matland
Principal Software Engineer
Message 8 of 22

I just exported a view and it works beautifully and as expected. Thank you for the quick implementation. 

Message 9 of 22

I am really happy to see that saved views has been implemented. It came at the perfect time since i needed to export a series of 96 images for use in creating an animated gif. On that note, having the ability to export a series of images or create a gif natively in the program would be a wonderful addition. 

Message 10 of 22
erikNVUER
in reply to: eklingerHFVZ3

The saved views still only seem to work for the analyses/compare function but not for the area metrics. Or am I missing something?
Message 11 of 22
asWAPL9

Am I missing something or is the export view function not implemented any longer? Unbenannt.png

Message 12 of 22
hilde.bakkeli
in reply to: asWAPL9

Hi, 

No, you did not miss anything, but we understand the confusion! The export feature to save the view not yet available for the design mode, where you see the results of the rapid wind analysis. But we are working on adding it here as well, and hope you can test it out soon!

Regards,
Hilde

Hilde Bakkeli
Product Manager
Message 13 of 22
erikNVUER
in reply to: hilde.bakkeli

Dear Hilde,

Thanks for the response. This feature is super important as we seem to have no way to export information on units, areas etc in a consistent way at the moment, rendering many of the new features useless... (and with the impossibility to switch between classic and next gen we cannot change to next gen yet)

Message 14 of 22
nadyaFCW3U

Is it possible to add the feature of exporting the floor plan?

Ideally it would be an export to a vector file. A file which can be easily edited further in Revit could be a good option. We would like to have an opportunity to select the scale and orientation of the plan,  and keep them consistent between the proposals. 

It is handy for us to include this to the presentations for the clients, keeping it simple and schematic, as in screenshot. 

Please see here the picture. 

Thank you.

Message 15 of 22

Hi,

there is no option to export floor plans at the moment, but we definitely see the value of being able to extract that information!

I see two different types of export that we could build, and would be interested in your thoughts on the value or use case for each:

a) Make sure the floor plans translate in a reasonable way into 3D models when exporting to tools with higher level of detail (like Revit)
b) Enable some direct export of the 2D floor plan schematic from the floor plan sketching tool in Forma

Option a) we will be working on as we gradually improve the fidelity of our export to Revit, while option b) is more of a standalone feature that we have not considered in any depth yet.

Looking forward to hear your take on this!
Espen

Message 16 of 22
asWAPL9

I understand that the software has just been released and there is a long way to go, but I think, for an Architectural software basic functions such as exporting floor plans, sections, elevations and perspectives should be included as features before releasing the software, even if the functions do not work properly... back to the drawing board i guess.

Message 17 of 22
nadyaFCW3U
in reply to: espen.k.w.wold

Hi Espen,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I see potential in both options. 

a) It is definitely handy to have the export to Revit, even though the exported geometry most likely need to be rebuild with a better precision. 

b) Direct export with a neat and simple style, (indicating lengths and sq.m., as you already have) will save a lot of time (and money) for architects and developers in order to show the design intent and rough numbers of the projects.

Message 18 of 22
hilde.bakkeli
in reply to: asWAPL9

Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback earlier regarding image export. We have now added the feature to export screenshots from design mode. Look for the small camera icon at the bottom of the 3D view.  Saving of camera positions for design mode is under development.
Skjermbilde 2023-07-03 kl. 12.37.02.png

Hilde Bakkeli
Product Manager
Message 19 of 22
asWAPL9
in reply to: hilde.bakkeli

great stuff, thank you!
Message 20 of 22

My export camera is disabled 

I have been trying for a day now to enable it wether in analysis or design mode 

It does not work 

any idea why 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums