Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Methods for Noise Analysis and Wind Simulations in Forma?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ertunchunkar
330 Views, 3 Replies

Alternative Methods for Noise Analysis and Wind Simulations in Forma?

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue while trying to run the 'Noise' analysis in Forma for my project. The analysis requires me to define roads with traffic data, but even if I add the roads from OpenStreetMap, I'm still unable to proceed. The error message states, 'Please add roads with traffic data in order to run the Rapid Noise analysis.' I'm curious to know if there are alternative methods to run this analysis, considering that incorporating external traffic data is not currently possible in Forma.

Furthermore, I would like to inquire about the possibility of enhancing wind simulations in Forma. Currently, wind direction visualization is limited to 45-degree intervals. Are there any plans to provide more precise wind simulations in the future?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
averylin
in reply to: ertunchunkar

Hi, 

regarding the noise analysis issue you mentioned, I guess that the OpenStreetMap data might not include road data. Therefore, you had to manually draw a road on the map and input the necessary data for that road. By doing so, you were able to successfully obtain the analysis result. This is what I did. FYR

averylin_0-1686193747940.png

Message 3 of 4
ertunchunkar
in reply to: averylin

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! It helped me to run my first noise analysis. The problem with the imported roads, is that they're directly imported under "Base". After you imported the roads, if you click "Edit" on "Base", then right click on "Roads" and then click on "Move to Proposal", the roads can be defined with traffic data. 

Best,
Ertunc

Message 4 of 4
averylin
in reply to: ertunchunkar

Hi,
thank you for sharing this with me. It answers my long-term confusion regarding how to use the imported road. I appreciate your help and guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators