Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acronyms used in Spacemaker

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ivarMGDVV
581 Views, 2 Replies

Acronyms used in Spacemaker

Hi there.
I'm trying out Spacemaker and am quite excited about this app to be honest.

When I'm doing an site analyzis in the Explore feature, there are some acronyms that pop up with the suggestions and I'm not quite confident in understanding their meaning (me being a non native english speaker) and therefore which options/suggestions are most feasible. 
Examples:
BC= building capacity ?
GIA= Gross investment or inflation area?

ivarMGDVV_0-1650201207397.png

So instead of guessing their meaning does anyone here have a list of the acronyms and their meaning, or possible guide me in the right direction where I can find such information?

Best wishes.
Ívar

Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HeatherL01
in reply to: ivarMGDVV

Hi Ivar,
When you hold your cursor over the name, you should see a tooltip with the full word.
BC= Building Coverage
GIA = Gross internal Area
GFA = Gross Floor Area
Also, go to Settings> Buildings and on the far right-hand side, you can expand the text to see a more detailed description of the terms and a link to more information.

HeatherLech_0-1650307447701.png

And this help file will go into more detailed definitions: https://help.spacemaker.ai/en/articles/6014562-us-area-metrics 
We would also like to hear from you- What terms and data would you like to see in addition to what is already there? If the current terms are confusing, how could we make it more clear?

Heather Lech
Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
ivarMGDVV
in reply to: HeatherL01

Awesome, thanks alot. I stumbled into the Help feature to the right of the screen, super helpful information there!
Cheers.
Ívar Atli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators