Community
Forma Developer Forum
Welcome to Autodesk Forma Developer Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Forma API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid wind analysis- comfort scale

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ilker.karadag
413 Views, 7 Replies

Rapid wind analysis- comfort scale

Hi,

I would like to change default wind comfort scale of rapid wind analysis tool over api. I have tried but due to the lack of experience I havent succeeded. In the predictive analysis part of sdk , there is an example like below:

const windRose = await Forma.prediction.getWindParameters()
// See HeightMaps for more infor on how to create heightMaps
const heightMaps = computeHeightMaps(terrainGeometry, terrainAndBuildingsGeometry)
const prediction = await Forma.prediction.predictWind({
heightMaps,
windRose,
type: "comfort",
roughness: windRose.roughness,
comfortScale: "lawson_lddc",
})
// calculate statistics, mix with other grids, etc.

I have used same example directly to change comfort metric from Lawson LDDC to NEN 8100, but changing the related text not effects the analysis results. Could you please share a full sample to do this? It would be wonderful for most of the users and I can share it publicly as an extension.

comfortScale: "nen8100",

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Any advice? I really don’t know where to start. 

Message 3 of 8

@ilker.karadag wrote:

Hi,

I would like to change default wind comfort scale of rapid wind analysis tool over api.

Just to make sure we are not discussing different things, I want to dig a bit deeper into what you are actually trying to achieve.

Is your desire to change the comfort scale of the in-product Rapid Wind feature?

Or do you want to perform predictions from your extension to use the results for something programatically?

The predictive analysis api is letting extension authors perform wind predictions from an embedded view extension.

It does not change the settings of the in product Rapid Wind feature. 

If you wish to change the comfort scale of the built in rapid wind feature, it is currently done by clicking "edit" at the scalebar. See the attached photo for placement.

I notice that the design for changing the scale is different for Rapid Wind, and Detailed wind, which I think is a bit confusing. I'll let the team working on our wind analyses know.

Håkon Matland
Principal Software Engineer
Message 4 of 8

Thank you for the quick response. I would like to perform predictions from my extension to export the results in *.csv format.

Message 5 of 8

>Could you please share a full sample to do this?

I don't think we have a full sample available at the moment, but hopefully I can publish one sometime this week!
Håkon Matland
Message 6 of 8

Thank you, I am willing to hear from you.

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

Have you found time to publish a full sample? I am really excited about the opportunities over api. Thank you for your help.

Message 8 of 8

Hi @ilker.karadag .

I've created a more full sample that can be found here (github).

Hope you find it useful!

Håkon Matland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators