Community
Forma Developer Forum
Welcome to Autodesk Forma Developer Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Forma API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facade Design Extension - Seeking User Testing!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SimonWhelan
151 Views, 1 Reply

Facade Design Extension - Seeking User Testing!!

Hello Forma Community! 

We are an Autodesk Partner developing an extension to Forma to automate envelope design solutions, and generate façade and fenestration to the model. (FenestraPro www.fenestrapro.com

The FenestraPro for Forma extension will enable early stage understanding of the impacts of the building envelope on internal spaces regarding energy performance and carbon impacts. It will provide enhanced façade design tools while ensuring project data continuity through to Revit documentation.

This will give Forma Users insight into geometry decisions such as window-wall ratios, glazing configurations and shading devices, and façade materiality such as roof, wall and glazing specifications. Design decisions can also be checked against local code requirements.

We wanted to ask the forum to share thoughts on: 

• How useful you would consider this to be?
  • How would you envisage the workflow, and at what stage of the project design would you use such an extension?
  • To what level of detail would you consider useful or beneficial?
  • Anything else you'd like to share?

Your input would be invaluable to our development process, and we’d love to discuss further. We're also looking for some Users to beta test this extension in the next couple of weeks, so please reach out!!

You can give us feedback here, or feel free to contact us through our website - https://fenestrapro.com/fenestrapro-for-forma/ 

Thanks!

Simon 
FenestraPro

SimonWhelan_0-1713782987538.jpeg

SimonWhelan_1-1713782988035.jpeg

Launch the FenestraPro Extension

SimonWhelan_2-1713782987613.jpeg

Select the Building for Facade Analysis

SimonWhelan_3-1713782987627.jpeg

Search for localized Codes

SimonWhelan_4-1713782987560.jpeg

See are envelope elements compliant with Code

SimonWhelan_5-1713782987529.jpeg

Select total window to wall ratio

SimonWhelan_6-1713782988076.jpeg

See your design decisions on the model

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
zwheelerH3Y9G
in reply to: SimonWhelan

Thanks, Simon! This is really cool! Going to look into this.  To answer your questions:  

• I think this could be extremely useful for conceptual precon/estimating within Forma.  
  • I think that we would most likely utilize this during our conceptual estimate takeoffs and modeling during pre-design and precon phases.  
  • I like the level of detail that Forma provides.  I think if there is a way to export it with costs as well, that would be helpful to someone like me.  

Thanks!  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators