Community
Forma Developer Forum
Welcome to Autodesk Forma Developer Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Forma API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could we get the hover Point of the getPoint()?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
iklimis
196 Views, 3 Replies

Could we get the hover Point of the getPoint()?

Hello Forma Team,

Based on a new feature where we allow the user to select a predefined area square selection it would be great if the design tool getPoint() had a way to give the hover Point (x,y,z) apart from the final point clicked. 

This could help us project the predefined selection area for preview purposes. meaning as the getPoint starts we could preview to the user the final selection thus allowing them to be sure which area would be finally selected.

Thanks again
Giannis 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vilde.barth
in reply to: iklimis

Hi,

Do I understand correctly that it is something similar as the wind analysis in Forma is highlighting the area that is analyzed when choosing a specific center point?

vildebarth_1-1709130262076.gif

If so, I believe exposing an api for this kind of highlighting would be better than sending the position of the point on hover, as I do not believe that it would be a smooth user experience due to some lag.

Best, Vilde

Message 3 of 4
iklimis

@vilde.barth Hey!

Yes, this tool looks very much exactly what we need. It would be great if an Api was exposed for this!
Regards

Message 4 of 4
vilde.barth

@iklimis I will note the need down on our feedback request list, and hope you managed to find a workaround that solves the problem for you now.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums