Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functionality

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tinaclark1999
224 Views, 1 Reply

Functionality

Hi I am a 12th grade student studying the IB (International Baccalaureate) program.

One of the core requirements of the course is to write a 4,000 word research paper on any topic you are interested in. I am doing mine on physics; I will be researching how the shape of the wing (influenced by the shape of aquatic animal flippers) affects the amount of drag produced. 

In order to establish this relationship I need quantitative values, so I will be looking at the angle of attack against drag for each of the shapes.

Autodesk Flow Design has saved my life as I do not need to build a real wind tunnel. However, it is required to discuss how the simulation works and what equations or algorithms are used in order to find the values of drag.

Thus, is it possible for me to get a bit of information about how the program works and how it finds the value for drag? 

I have been doing a bit of research and came across the Navier-Stokes equations. Do these have a role in this software? 

I hardly know anything about coding and computer science so I really need the help! Any information that you can give me would be great!

Thank you so much

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
S_May
in reply to: tinaclark1999

Hi @tinaclark1999 

FlowDesign wird nicht mehr unterstützt, bitte mit CFD arbeiten

--

"FlowDesign is no longer supported, please work with CFD"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report