Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Account not authorized] Your autodesk account...

43 REPLIES 43
SOLVED
Message 1 of 44
Neploid
8021 Views, 43 Replies

[Account not authorized] Your autodesk account...

I just recently got a 3 year student license for Autodesk Flow. But...when I run the program I am prompted with: "Your autodesk account is not entitled for flow design" Has any one had this problem? If so how do you fix it? I have read a few threads about this and nothing has helped. I contacted customer support and they said they cant offer help to student licenses... 

-Thanks.

43 REPLIES 43
Message 21 of 44

Hi @davidpratsoto.dps and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Apologies for the late reply! Could this be a permissions or security issue? Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall or antivirus? Or logging into your machine as the administrator?

Please reply with further details if you're still experiencing issues. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 22 of 44
stephen.brown
in reply to: jessica.t

I am having identical issues as well. Why is this still a problem over six months after people reporting these difficulties? What is the solution to resolve this?

Message 23 of 44
jessica.t
in reply to: stephen.brown

Hi @stephen.brown,

Thanks for your post. For any account related issues regarding your software and your Education Community account, please contact the education team directly by filling out this problem form.

Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 24 of 44
NFlavel
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camilo

I  get the message 

When I open flow design i get the message

Account not Authorized

Your Autodesk Account is not entitled for Flow Design.
 i payed 5 days ago an get this every time and I've contact Autodesk on numerous occasions.
Can you help me please?
Message 25 of 44
camilo.lemos
in reply to: NFlavel

Hi @NFlavel and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing Flow Design. 

Let's start from the beginning: are you positive that you are using the same credentials to log in to your account as you used to purchase the program? 

Can you please let me know the order number for your purchase so I can check if your order went through without any problems?

Many thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 26 of 44
NFlavel
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thanks for your response Camilo

my order details

Order Number: 10740359471
Order Date: 8/4/16 10:20:11 PM CDT
Product Name: Flow Design - Monthly subscription [Auto-Renewal]
Renewal Type: Automatic
Expiration Date: 09/04/2016
Amount Charge: AUD50.00

Flow design is downloadable from this account but it is not listed on my products page.

I am pretty sure it is the only account I have linked to this email  address Flow design  did show up for  a couple of hours after I purchased the software then disappeared 

Message 27 of 44
camilo.lemos

Thank you @NFlavel!

My colleague @muriel.a has opened a support case for you and will work to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Camilo Lemos

Message 28 of 44
wai1954
in reply to: Neploid

I can now understand why some of the teachers suggested I tread carefully as they have had problems getting things to run. I was warned to be prepared for problems, and problems I have had.

wai1954 (Ian A. White)
Message 29 of 44
mr.bill.paul

I have the same problem described here.

I opened a ticket, Support Case #247131

The suggestion there was basically to read this forum, but I don't see anyone that has posted the solution.

As a sidebar, this seems to be some new level of out of control license management. This is my first impression of Autodesk's licensing scheme. I'm only doing this to help out some students I'm working with. After seeing how onerous this is, I'm not inclined to recommend they use this professionally.

Message 30 of 44
mr.bill.paul
in reply to: mr.bill.paul

Since I am getting zero support from autodesk on this topic, and I see others are still having the same problem, I guess this product is some sort of joke on the users.

Does anyone know where I can find a decent cracked copy? I checked thepiratebay.se and did not find it there, although most of their other products are there...

Message 31 of 44
lynn_zhang
in reply to: mr.bill.paul

Hi @mr.bill.paul

Sorry to hear that! Where did you open the support case from? Was it from Education Community?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 32 of 44
wai1954
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Just to update things, there has been no resolution.

When I go to my Autodesk account, it lists the commercial software I have licences for and the free ones, but because education copy (and I was told I qualified as I was using it to help a school in their technology subjects) Autodesk Flow Design is not there, I keep getting the message.

My Autodesk dealer cannot help because it is an education copy, and when I contacted Autodesk I was directed here, and there seems to be no way of doing this as I have legitimate commercial licences for the work I do, and because of this I cannot get access to the education copy of software I would never use in a commercial environment that I supposedly qualified for.

wai1954 (Ian A. White)
Message 33 of 44
mr.bill.paul

I don't know exactly what page I opened the support ticket from. Your website is extremely difficult to navigate in terms of getting support. In either case as I mentioned above, the support ticket # is 247131. I'm sure you can just open it and figure it out for yourself.

Message 34 of 44
lynn_zhang
in reply to: wai1954

Hi @wai1954 & @mr.bill.paul

Sorry for the trouble this issue has caused! Have you tried creating a new account for Education Community? One user earlier advised that he created a new account and requested the education license again. That helped resolve the issue.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 35 of 44
mr.bill.paul

"Shradha" from the support ticket did something to my account and now it works. Thanks.

Sounds to me like the licensing side of your system was broken.

Message 36 of 44
alexabar

Add me to the list. I find this utterly ridiculous. I work with many autodesk products (and have since R13..not 2013, the old one!) and I can say that while some functions and software is nice, in the end, I was able to do more projects and FASTER with the older stuff.

How can I download something, put it on my computer and then not be able to open it? This is why companies like Lockheed, Boeing, Siemens use in house CAD applications. And the more "diverse" the software gets the less users able to work them are generated. So you'd think that with a licensing model you'd want to make the software easy to access so people can use it, and LEARN it.

I never worked with Flow Design and was curious, but it seems I may still have to use pen and paper, and small old smoke fan tunnel and experience to get stuff done.

AB

Message 37 of 44
lynn_zhang
in reply to: alexabar

Hi @alexabar

Sorry to hear you feel that way! I see you also have Autodesk student account. Did you try and contact our Education Support team for the issue you experienced? 

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 38 of 44
alexabar

I did get it activated although it took a few hours. It functions now, although the content of purpose of the software is another matter. I will post those questions and comments in appropriate threads.

Message 39 of 44
andetodd

I am having this same problem. I have been able to use Fusion 360 for over a year now on an educational license, I have A360 installed as well. I was able "Get Access to Flow Design", download and install the software. Yet I cannot open the app without seeing this message "Your Autodesk Account is not entitled for Flow Design"

I've signed out of A360 then signed back in. I've reinstalled Flow Design, using the download from the student access entry on my account here. Next I'm going to try restarting my computer. I'm using a 2015 macbook pro, OS X 10.12.5

Message 40 of 44
marijakd

Hi,

I also have the same issue!

I tried downloading the Flow design and received acces but when I try to log in it answers I am not entitled for the access.

I also tried to sign in the student eduaction page but when I try to sign in, it always says that I have not registred with such e mail...although I registred with the study e mail and can see it on my normal autodesk account. Also, on my normal autodesk account it shows that I am a student. Moreover, due to this issue I cannot fill the form you suggested for other people in this discussion.

Can you please help me solve the issue as fast as possible?

We received a task in university with this program becuase it has the free access and now I am unable to complete it.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Marija

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report