Did you mean: 

Training version no longer available?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3659 Views, 9 Replies

Training version no longer available?

By what I'm {not) finding on the internet, is Flame Training edition no longer available? Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I can't find it anywhere.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
fred.warren
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello jkfriesen,

The Flame Training Edition has been replaced by a 30-day trial version of Flame. The Trial version is limited in time, but it has less restrictions than the Training Edition. There is no watermarking for example.

Cheers

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: fred.warren

No longer available?

What are you doing Autodesk??!! Are you giving up on trusting the market adapting this product and workflow?

This product needs a lot of work to learn so limiting it to 30 days have absolutely no function.

The Training Edition was a fantastic way to learn it finally..

I was going to gamble on learning it, subscribe (which is extremely expensive), and work as a freelance.

But, you keep changing your businessmodel all the time which makes me very nervous to invest in this product.

So my choice will not unfortunately be the competing solutions.

Amazing and very sad. I looove Flame.

Message 4 of 10
Peter_Tresize

Not having access to a current training version is a terrible step backwards.

Would be interested to hear why this decision was made. 

As the UI keeps changing, can we get a new 30 day trial with each release?  ; )

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Peter_Tresize

Its sad to see that, for whatever reason, this product will always remain obscure.

Autodesk Creative Finishing, today, is not integrated well into the curriculum as it deserves.

The Training Edition was the entry level into a wide market.

Removing it limits this momentum to a very narrow user base.

There are a very limited number of learning channels and teachers.

That triggers the students away from these products.

Autodesk has to take the responsibility and trust that the market will find a way to use these products.

Now that will never happen unfortunately.

Back to the competing products..very sad indeed to see Flame once again become a fairytale.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Does Autodesk plan on allowing the 30 day trial version to be downloaded again upon expiration by the same party?  For the record I didn't mind the watermark or restriction on exporting as this was a Learning Edition and it was expected.  One could still engage the export dialogue till the error message popped up at the very endj, but the learning path was complete.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I'm assuming the answer to whether or not multiple downloads of the trial version will not be allowed at this point.  That being said, I think, has Autodesk revised the pricing of Flame Assist along with the price modification of Flame?  Evaluating my options.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

In case anybody missed it, this forum is now closed per Autodesk.  Will miss the Training Edition but understand Autodesk has a business to run.  The closing of this forum answers the questions I've been posing to the site.  Will take that info and proceed with deciding a direction to pursue.  Best of luck to Autodesk on making this fine software more successful.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

It was a fun run for some months.

I will use v2017 TE for as long as i have to and watch the videos for whats new for v2018 +. 

Since Autodesk do not trust the market i can not trust Autodesk

I will rent competing solutions for actual work going forward (which is sad), but always nice to follow whats new

in case i will work with Flame Artists.

Message 10 of 10
yann.laforest

Hi,

With all due respect, I believe that Autodesk showed a major trust in the market with all the changes done over the last two years, namely:

- Flame being available on MacOSX (easier access to the users)

- Flame no longer entitled to specific hardware configurations (turnkey solutions)

- Flame being offered at much more affordable price

- Flame being compatible with the Autodesk licensing model 

- Flame being available to any educational facilities and registered students

- Flame now being offered in a Trial version with very light restrictions and with project compatibility with the commercial version

And we can also add to the list a better interoperability with 3rd party applications (python scripting, improved XML support, Open Clip workflow, better Shotgun integration, etc.).

While we understand and acknowledge your point, the facts are that Flame is more present, alive, easy to access and growing now compared to the last years and is still making great progress everyday.

Be assured that our customers are very important to us and that we really care about them.

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report