Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing trainig edition to non-commercial version

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
peppermintpost
707 Views, 4 Replies

changing trainig edition to non-commercial version

now that there is flame on mac, one of the benefits is that there is no need for a sys admin anymore to get flame installed and running. so i would like to know if there are any planes to change flame from a training edition, that can not export anything to a non-commercial product, that has limitations but can be used for non-commercial projects.

i think in these days where many companies offer this kind of software it should be available for flame too. coz on one hand the best way to learn a software is to use it and not to rebuild tutorials, on the other hand, i am only willing to install and use a software when i have any advantage to do so.

there are many options that could be switched off that would not effect the benefit of the software for non commercial projects but on the other hand would make it unusable for commercial projects. i.e.

-export limited to 1080

-no archiv functionality

-rendering only in prores (or similar)

-no support for video hardware (blackmagic, aja etc)

-no media caching

etc.

are there any thoughts to go into this direction?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

To answer your question, there is no plan to change the training edition offering in a short or middle term.

Be sure that your points are well taken though.

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 3 of 5
adrianrsp
in reply to: yann.laforest

Yann, would there be any plans to at least disable viewport watermarks? If you're learning a compositing/finishing program the watermarks seem to err more than a little on the side of overkill. Surely placing them at render time is protection enough? It makes using the program very distracting. 

Message 4 of 5
yann.laforest
in reply to: adrianrsp

Hi Adrian,

We understand your concerns here and acknowlege that the watermarks may be indeed distracting.

However, there is no plan to remove the watermarks of the viewer at this point.

Please understand that we added them to the viewer in order to prevent malicious person to record / capture the output of the viewer and use it for commercial purposes.

The objective here is to protect our loyal customers from illegitimate and illegal competition.

Please let us know if you have any questions,

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 5 of 5
adrianrsp
in reply to: yann.laforest

Hi Yann, I appreciate that, I just wouldn't have thought there would be much of a market for Flame to provide screen recordings as final deliverables! I guess you can get away with a lot at HD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report