Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tangent Panels on 2017.1 (For Mac)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
arichards
560 Views, 5 Replies

Tangent Panels on 2017.1 (For Mac)

Hi,

We now have 2017.1 running but am having some issues with the Tangent panels that we have. The panels work fine on the desktop colour warper/corrector, the timeline colour warper/corrector and the Action colour warper/corrector but not as a Batch node, which is the one that I use the most. Is this an expected restriction? The panels are simply dead when I drag a node into the schematic. Nothing appears on the readout and the panel does not respond.

Cheers

Tony

HP Z840, 80GB Ram, Quadro M6000x24GB
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fred.warren
in reply to: arichards

Hello Tony,

Unfortunately the Tangent panel is not supported in the Batch CC and CW nodes.

Adding the Tangent support in Batch is already logged as a request in our database and this is something that is on our list of possible improvements for a future release.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 3 of 6
arichards
in reply to: fred.warren

Understood Fred and I thought so, but just checking. 

Loving Flame btw, and really like the direction that it is heading in. Congrats!

Cheers

Tony

Message 4 of 6
arichards

Btw, is there a list of mappings for the Tangent panels in Flame. I remember that Philippe Soeiro did some videos for the Avid Artist panels a few years ago and perhaps that is overkill, but is there any information on how the panels are mapped beyond the obvious use of the track balls and reset buttons, etc. We have the full panels and it would be good to know how far these stretch into Flame. One nice thing about the track balls for Avid in Smoke was that you could use them in the Axis editor, for example. 

Cheers

Tony

Message 5 of 6
fred.warren

The best place to see the mapping being used is within the Tangent Mapper application. This application can also be used to create your own mapping (you are not mapping to a button but to a shortcut though).

We will release some videos on this on the Flame Learning channel at some point, but it is too early to tell when they will be made available.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 6 of 6
mauryGEKKZ

Looks like tangent support in batch has been added in 2018.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report