Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stingray Reflections inside action... problems?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andrebasso
753 Views, 4 Replies

Stingray Reflections inside action... problems?

Has anyone been able to get really consistent results with the new Flame 2017 Stingray Reflections node inside action?  I'm getting hissing and noise in the renderings. Tried messing around with the edge threshold and surface thickness sliders but can't seem to get better renderings. Is there a correct approach to pull this off? Or is this a node that is buggy and not really working as advertised? I'm on a 12 core trashcan Mac Pro (late 2013) with Dual D700's.

Andre

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sonstegard
in reply to: andrebasso

Hi Andre,

I'm running into the same problem here.  I added a shader node to the camera and adjusted the roughness and basically blurred it out more.  Did you come up with a solution?

Thanks,

Keith

Message 3 of 5
sonstegard
in reply to: sonstegard

I found that rotating the camera on the x axis (~3 degrees) cleaned a lot of the problems up with the reflections.

Message 4 of 5
andrebasso
in reply to: sonstegard

wow , I will have to try that. thanks for the tip. I personally found that by limiting the number of lights in the scene and by keeping the intensity of the brightest lights as close to a 1.0 value as possible, the reflection noise become less significant. most dramatically was when I separated out the IBL lighting pass and the regular lighting pass to different outputs, that seemed to help with the most noticeable results. I'll try the axis rotation thing also to see if that helps. thx.

Message 5 of 5
chimney.ny
in reply to: andrebasso

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report