Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Manager on Mac

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stefanita.manea
1312 Views, 5 Replies

Resource Manager on Mac

Flame menu Resource Manager not working on my Mac. Any idea?

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 16.57.21.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Stefanita,

Can we please know about your hardware configuration?

Are you running the application on an Apple certified configuration or on a hybrid configuration (Hackintosh)?

Let us know,

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 3 of 6

Hi Yann, yes it is a genuine Apple Mac Pro 3.1 (I know, I know is very old and unsupported 🙂 ).

Here are my specs:

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 17.10.59.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-11 at 17.11.12.png

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for getting back to us Stefanita.

Although your workstation is genuine, macOS Sierra isn't supported on this hardware configuration according to Apple.

macOS Sierra is supported on the configurations below:

Did you have to make some tweaks in order to install Sierra on your workstation?

About the Resource Manager, the fact that your workstation runs on a non-supported OS makes Flame unable to manage the RAM and VRAM adequately on your workstation (no resource management).

Hence, the application will be highly unstable in this case.

The other post you made to the Area few days ago (exceeding texture pool limits) is also related to this.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/flame-forum/exceeding-texture-pool-limits/td-p/7368856

Please let me know,

Best,

Yann

Yann Laforest

10 rue Duke Street
Message 5 of 6

I know, I know all that things... I was just asking, don't start fighting. 🙂

I have discovered (helped by a nice colleague of you) that the "exceeding texture poll limits" is from an inadequate VRAM size.

I'll install a new GPU in few hours and I'll update my previous post.

In fact, this old Mac Pro 3.1 it was not that bad. I have used it for almost two months with Flame and two years with Smoke (2015 was the latest version that I have used). It is upgraded with RAM and SSD and it is quite good in editing, even 4K. Also for many of the Batch nodes.

I post the things I discover thinking that any information can be helpful for all of us in this community. I do not expect, all the time, to get solutions. 

I found an external application to get informed about VRAM usage.

Anyway, I'll update my system to Linux as soon as I'll get an answer about porting my license from Mac to Linux.

So, no Resource Manager because I have Sierra on Mac Pro 3.1. Ok, then, thank you very much, I think you deserve a kudos and my apologize for losing your time. 🙂

Message 6 of 6

Hi Stefanita,

Do not worry about wasting our time.

We are very glad to help whenever we can.

To do so, we need to get a good understanding of the situation and that is basically the reason why I asked you those questions.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with,

Best,

Yann

Yann Laforest

10 rue Duke Street

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report