Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recover license from auction bought HP z800

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
idmah
398 Views, 3 Replies

recover license from auction bought HP z800

Hi Gang!

I just bought a Hp Z800 from a defunk post production house.

Maybe it was a stupid thing to buy but a good deal.

The Redhat doesn't boot properly and right now I can't get in via single user mode... 

but what I was wondering was is there any way to recover the flame license?

and any other AutoDesk registered software from that machine?

thanks

Ian

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lustrecolorist
in reply to: idmah

The boot disk should be EXT3 formatted, which will make it readable on another working Linux machine.  If you connect it, you might be able to navigate the filesystem as long as it's not corrupted.  If you take a look in /usr/local/flexlm/license/ there should be a DL_license.dat file inside.  You'll want to save that.  If you open it in a text editor, and see entries for flame, flare, etc that look like this...

PACKAGE flamepremium_x86_64_r discreet_l \
COMPONENTS="flamepremium_all_r_2017_1 flamepremium_all_r_2017 \
FEATURE flamepremium_x86_64_r discreet_l 2017.999 permanent 1 \
SUPERSEDE ISSUED=13-Oct-2016 SIGN2="1A9B 85AB AB2C ...."

...with the term "permanent", you have a permanent node-locked license, and should be able to re-install and run the versions included in the license as long as the hardware configuration hasn't changed significantly since it was issued (hardware changes usually require a new license).

If you see a license entry that looks like this...

SERVER [server hostname] DLHOST03=AAABBBCCCDDDEEEFFFGGGHHHIIIJJJKKKLLL
VENDOR discreet_l
USE_SERVER

...then the machine was licensed over a network and you are most likely out of luck, unless the license server was included with what you bought as well.

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

In addition to the previous intervention, you will not be able to reuse the licenses if the OS and applications are installed on a different system drive as the dlhostid (key used for licensing) of the workstation is going to be different in this case.

If you have any questions about how to transfer licenses to new workstations or to new owners, please contact our licensing department at me.licensing@autodesk.com.

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 4 of 4
idmah
in reply to: lustrecolorist

Thanks ! 

Still trying to get the z800 up and running on windows.

Will try to access the drive with virtual machine. Will let you know how I it goes. 

Thanks

Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report