Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Channel EXR export for Netflix Help!

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
MattWilmshurst
593 Views, 16 Replies

Multi Channel EXR export for Netflix Help!

Hi all.

Having a few Export Multichannel clips issues.

I use timeline to build my exports (new version for matte layers). I export from Flame 2022.3.1.

Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 18.52.06.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-20 at 18.53.03.jpg

My files are QCd in Nuke before Baselight and the guys are saying that - rgb channels are empty and the image was copied into another channel. ( is it to do with my slate ? )

Does anyone have a bomb proof way of doing this so I don’t keep returning these issues please ?

Thanks in advance,

Matt W

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

bump

Message 3 of 17
slabrie
in reply to: MattWilmshurst

Flame uses the first frame of the content you export to define if the content is RGB, RGBA or Multi-Channel. Since your slate does not have the same channel configuration as your content, I would recommend to remove the slate, export your content and then export your slate with the frame number preceding your first frame. 

Note that MediaHub expects the content of the first frame to represent the clip you want to import so after your slate will be exported, Flame will not be able to see the channels of your shot.

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family
Message 4 of 17

Thanks for you reply @slabrie Wow ok. I have a lot of shots to export so I think exporting separate Slates isnt the best option for me. What would be your way of doing it?

i could make the slate the same format as the bulk of the content and extend the matte channel ?

Message 5 of 17
slabrie

You should give it a try and see if it works for you.

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family
Message 6 of 17

IS it the bit depth, colour space or Res that it doesnt like about the slate?

Message 7 of 17
slabrie

All of the above.  MediaHub expect that all frame of a clip t have the same resolution, bit depth.  If you have an RGB slate followed be Mult-Channel content, MediaHub will see the clip as RGB.   If you have an HD slate and UHD content, the clip will be seen as HD and so on.

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family
Message 8 of 17

Thanks. This is great to clarify. I will make sure that my slates are the same as the content and re-export. Should I run the Matte channel over the slate too ?

Message 9 of 17

also @slabrie naming wise. The shot has a name and each layer can be named separately ?

Message 10 of 17
slabrie

You then need to make sure your slate has the same channel configuration and naming and the following frames.  If your shot has 4 RGBA pairs with various naming, the slate has to have the same amount of RGBA pairs and naming.

Same resolution, compression, if any, and frame rate. 

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family
Message 11 of 17

Interestingly if I hard commit the slate it adopts the rest of the clips spec. That might be easiest. ( I have the slate setup saved).

Message 12 of 17
slabrie

Could you try to add a frame of your slate on the Secondary track at the same timing as you slate?  You should be able to have the right alpha channel in your exported content.

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family
Message 13 of 17

I sent it to the client to test. I made sure that ALL aspects of the media were all the same throughout the clip.

Message 14 of 17
slabrie

Great!  Please keep us updated.

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family
Message 15 of 17
MattWilmshurst
in reply to: slabrie

I will do. Thank you @slabrie 

Message 16 of 17
MattWilmshurst
in reply to: slabrie

SO far clients have been able to import and read the multi channel clips in Nuke. I renamed the base layer rgb and ensured that ALL media maintained the same attributes.

Message 17 of 17
slabrie

Thanks for the update Matt!

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report