Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Flame 2018 free trial

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
adamt
1923 Views, 9 Replies

Installing Flame 2018 free trial

Can i install the new Flame 2018 Free Trial version onto a mac that currently has a desktop subscription to Smoke 2017 installed?

I know in previous version of the learning edition it was not possible, but i could not see anything about that when downloading the new free trial.

adam

Flame 2020.3
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
yann.laforest
in reply to: adamt

Hi Adam,

Smoke and Flame trial can coexist on the same workstation if versions are different.

For instance, Smoke 2017 and Flame trial 2018 can be installed on the same workstation but Smoke 2018 and Flame trial 2018 couldn't.

Please let me know if it answers your question.

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 3 of 10
vinneesh
in reply to: yann.laforest

What is the difference between flame 2018 trail version and and subscription version.

Message 4 of 10
Grant.Kay
in reply to: vinneesh

Hi vinneesh,

The Flame trial version and the paid subscription version are identical except for a few codecs missing in the trial version.

You can also work in the Flame Trial and its archives can be opened in the subscription version.   So they are compatible as well.

If this answers your questions or solves the issue, please hit the Accept as Solution button.

Many thanks!

Regards

Grant

@vinneesh wrote:

What is the difference between flame 2018 trail version and and subscription version.

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 10
oemrebfilm

Hi Yann,

I have a problem, I have installed on my MacBook Pro, Smoke - desktop subscription 2016 and I tried to install flame 2018 education version 2018, but i can`t do it. throw me the following message - "Incompatible Products: Autodesk Smoke".

Can you help me?.

Thank you.

Regards, 

Juan Mora

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Hi, Yann.

I have tried to install both Flame 2018 and Smoke 2017 in the same Mac and it says it's incompatible, any way I try ( installing Flame first or Smoke first ). I'm talking about both trials and educational versions. 

Can you confirm this? 

Thank in advanced

Regards

Tom

Message 7 of 10
yann.laforest
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tom, Hi Juan,

After looking at the install issues you mentioned, I realized that the information I shared with the community about the software coexistence was slightly inaccurate.

Smoke and Flame Family applications (commercial) can coexist on the same workstation when versions are different (for instance Smoke 2017 and Flame 2018).

However, this does not apply to the Flame 2018 trial product.

The Flame 2018 trial product cannot be installed along with Smoke and Flame Family commercial versions on the same workstation (system drive partition).

We will look at this limitation and see if it can be removed in an forthcoming version.

I sincerely apologize for sharing misleading information in that regard.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Regards,

Yann 

Yann Laforest

10 rue Duke Street
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: adamt

Hi, Yann

Thank you for your reply. More clear and accurate. And what about educational versions? Why they can't be installed together in the same computer?

Best Regards

Tom
Message 9 of 10
yann.laforest
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tom,

The same situation applies to educational versions.

The limitation was existing in the context of the Flame training product in order to avoid file and services conflict between commercial and training edition versions.

We will assess if the limitation is still relevant in the context of the Flame trial product and see if it can be removed in a forthcoming version.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

10 rue Duke Street
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you, Yann, for clarifying the situation. It's a problem for students who wants to learn both applications, similar in many options but also with some differences that makes necessary to learn on each one. Hope this situation can be solve in the near future.

Regards

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report