Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important message about macOS Catalina (10.15) support for Flame Family products

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
yann.laforest
6344 Views, 6 Replies

Important message about macOS Catalina (10.15) support for Flame Family products

Dear Flame Family users,

macOS Catalina (10.15) might debut in Fall 2019.

macOS Catalina is not yet a supported operating system for the Flame Family products.

Using – upgrading to macOS Catalina might result in the inability to run the Flame Family products and in a potential data loss.

We recommend the Flame Family users to not use macOS Catalina on Flame Family workstations until further notice.

We plan to support macOS Catalina in a future version of Flame family products.

- The Flame team

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rony2612
in reply to: yann.laforest

Hi Yann,

now Catalina10.15.3 will support Flame 2020?  

Message 3 of 7
yann.laforest
in reply to: rony2612

Hi @rony2612,

Flame 2020.2 (and onward) supports macOS 10.15.1 (and onward).

All previous Flame versions are not supported on 10.15.1 (and onward), and no Flame version is supported on macOS 10.15 (straight - no extension release).  

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if this post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

Best,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 4 of 7
al.ford

Hi @yann.laforest 

I am still running Mac OS Mojave, if I update to Catalina 10.15.5 would I need to archive off all my Flame projects, backup my Mac and then run:

And then reinstall Flame. Also Will I loose all my OTOC, TOC's and user preferences in this process?

Thanks.

Al

Message 5 of 7
jeffrey.ramirez
in reply to: al.ford

Hi al.ford,

Upgrading from Mojave to Catalina does not require to run The Preparation or Recovery tool, these tools are only required when upgrading from macOS Sierra or older versions to High Sierra or later. Updating the OS should not remove the files but to be safe, we suggest that you archive your projects. OTOC and user preferences can also be back-up from /opt/Autodesk/archive and /opt/Autodesk/user respectively.

Also, please note that only Flame 2020.2 and newer versions support Catalina.

Flame 2020 system requirements

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jeff

Message 6 of 7
al.ford
in reply to: jeffrey.ramirez

Hi Jeff.

Thank you that’s the answer I was hoping for. I had tried using Flame 2020.0 on Catalina and it did not work, I then had to completely rebuild my Mac to revert back to Mojave OS so have been worried that upgrading my Mac back to Catalina and the effect that would have on Flame.

It is great to get conformation that Flame 2020.2 now works with Catalina 10.15.5 & I can update without having to reinstall my users and redirect the Autodesk Media Storage.

Many thanks.
Al
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Oups... I updated first and read this after the fact... Flame is just a question mark down in the launch bar and When looking in the application folder the flame app / is just a broken shortcut. What do I do now?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report