Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating licenses

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CarlosCamposJr
752 Views, 3 Replies

Floating licenses

Ok, now that the Flame Family got floating licensing, may I have Flame, Flame Assist and Flare installed on the same machine?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Apologies if I misunderstand your question but users always had the possibility to get Flame, Flame Assist and Flare installed on the same workstation.

This has nothing to do with licensing.

That being said, would it be possible to clarify your question?

Also, please note that floating licensing was available for the Flame Family before the 2018 version.

The only difference with the 2018 version is that there is a license server instance running on MacOSX available for the Flame Family.

Before the 2018 version, the license server compatible with the Flame Family was running on Linux only.

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much, Yann.

I'm not sure why, but I thought it was not possible to install several options of the flame on the same machine, sorry, my fault!

I'm just thinking about a cooperation scene between flame artists in a way that does not require everyone to use Flame, but that Flare and Assist may be used in some processes.

Now that I know it's possible, I'd like to rephrase my question.

I would like to know how to share in an agile way the same project among the 3 machines/softwares.
Suppose there is a timeline and three artists are composing scenes in this timline. Considering that the three machines share the same storage, is it possible to open the timeline projects in both Flame and Flame Assist on any of the three machines?
Would it be necessary the infiniband?
Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 4

Hi Carlos,

Yes, 2 or more applications can work on the same project in a collaborative manner (using Workspaces and Shared Libraries).

Here is some documentation about how to run collaborative projects in Flame:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/flame-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/EN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMwSe250Zdw

To answer your other question, a fast network between the workstations always returns better performances with collaborative workflows.  However, Infiniband network isn't specifically required here.

If you have any specific technical questions about how to set up the workstations for collaborative workflows, I suggest you to contact our Technical Support team and request assistance.

They can greatly assist you with all the questions you may have in that regard.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report