Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flame Premium 2016 x2 and Flame assist wiretap problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nospamuk01
493 Views, 2 Replies

Flame Premium 2016 x2 and Flame assist wiretap problem

Hi,

We have a Flame Premium 2016 Ext 2 SP2 seat and a Flame assist (correct version).

The wiretap central web page can see Flame assist projects

Media Hub > Projects can only see local projects and nothing shown under Autodesk network

From the Files pane we can see drives hosted on the Mac and import them

Host computer can only see the local host

Workspace Pane > can see Flame assist

So, the issue is we cannot browse and work from projects on the assist seat, but it works the other way around

I imagine it must be a configuration setting not set or set wrong as the assist seat was built a while after the Flame seat came into use. Maybe several settings are wrong or missing but so far no luck getting this sorted. I can ping both seats by addy or name, and in the sw_framestore_map on the Flame seat, under framestores I added . . .

FRAMESTORE=macname HADDR=10.x.x.x (macname and ip for example here)

Can anyone shed any light on what I may have wrong and what needs to be configured? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nospamuk01
in reply to: nospamuk01

To add to the above info for my problem, the Mac assist and Linux Flame seats seem to have correct info added in their sw_framestore_map files inc. framestore ID's that match those in sw_storage.cfg, and the assist seat (Mac based) can successfully ping the flame framestore, but the Flame seat cannot ping the assist framestore despite the web central page being able to access it and browse projects.

It seems the basic network config on the Mac seat shown in the assist framestore dump does not show the correct IP for the main network, instead it shows the IP used for the local Mac n/w connected to the Lacie Big Raid storage (used for checking raid health) - i.e.

sw_framestore_map on Mac seat has::

FRAMESTORE=mac01 HADDR=10.236.21.42 ID=260

FRAMESTORE=flame01 HADDR=10.236.21.41 ID=297

and under interfaces

FRAMESTORE=mac01

PROT=TCP IADDR=10.236.21.42

but framestore_dump shows MAC01 IP of 10.1.1.4 (!) which is the connection from Mac to Lacie.

I am not sure how to change this (where do I change it?)

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Message 3 of 3
nospamuk01
in reply to: nospamuk01

Well, solved it myself. Turns out if was one of the simplest things - I changed the network interface priority in the Mac OS network settings to place the main 10G interface 1st and 1G mac/lacie interface 2nd and restarted the Mac and everything now works - ping to both framestores works on both seats and Flame / Flame assist can now share work with no problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report