Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cached media not really cached, reverted to Pending

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jackflm
361 Views, 5 Replies

Cached media not really cached, reverted to Pending

Hello, I'm trying to figure out a problem that I have on a project in Flame.

As usual, I have imported and cached 4K prores footage, and some mp4 footage. The files are stored on a SAN and the cached file are on a local dedicated flame disk.

The files were listed as cached in the library, but every time i switch project or I close and reopen Flame, the files are back to pending.

I've tried flushing the cache and recaching them. They get cached with no errors but then they revert to pending if I close and reopen flame.

Archiving the project while the files are tagged as cached doesn't work. The archive gets written, but when I restore it all the media in uncached.

I tried archiving a single file, the archive size was 8GB, but when I restored the single clip it was uncached.

This happens only with the files that I imported on the first time. In the next days I've imported more files and they get cached correctly.

The problem is that the pending files are the graded footage which i used in the mater timelines.

Importing all the files again means that I'll have to conform all the master timelines from scratch and replace each file manually in every BFX.

Has it happened to you? What could be the cause and could someone suggest a solution?

Thank you

Labels (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
slabrie
in reply to: jackflm

Hello jackflm!

Which version of Flame and which OS are you using?

What do you see in Backburner Monitor for the cache jobs?

If you are on macOS, make sure to visit System Settings / Privary & Security and ensure Flame and its services have Fill Disk Access.

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family
Message 3 of 6
jackflm
in reply to: slabrie

Hello Stéphane, I'm on MacOs 12.7.1 with Flame 2022.3.1.

The backburner monitor status for all the cached files is complete and it shows no errors.

I've cheched the Full Disk Access permission and the following services are enabled:

AdskAccessServiceHost

backburnerServer

wiretapgateway

and some more that I don't think are related to Flame nor Autodesk

Message 4 of 6
slabrie

Hello jackflm!

Thanks for the information.  If you create a new project do you get the same issue?  One reason why Flame might not be able to see cached media could be that in your project you have the same media duplicated: one set without cache and another set with cached.  Starting Flame, if we see the un-cached version then we might ignore the cache for the next occurrence of the same clips. If this is not the case, please open a ticket with our support team so they can help you narrow down the issue.

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family
Message 5 of 6
jackflm
in reply to: slabrie

Thank you for your answer.

No, I don't get the same issue in a new project, nor i get it if I import new media in the same project.

If I try to import the same clips that have the cache problem, getting them from the same folder, the newly imported clips get cached and stay cached.

It's just a problem with a specific set of media imported at the beginning of the project. I don't have duplicated media, and as I was saying a few lines above, importing the same media keeps the new version cached.

What concerns me is that it might have happened in other projects in the past or it will happen in the future without me noticing, and this will affect archives as well making them useless.

Message 6 of 6
slabrie

Please reach to our Support team since an investigation about the content has to be done and would be quite difficult over messages here.

But no worry, your content will be fine and will be archived and restored without any issues since we do not archive cached media.  We can generate cache when archiving but the current cache is not used for archiving.

Please keep us updated on the outcomes of our Support team investigation.

Stéphane Labrie
Senior Product Owner
Flame Family

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report