Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Substance designer export to Flame

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bryan_tpe
411 Views, 4 Replies

About Substance designer export to Flame

Hi! I want to export substance designer material (.sbsar) to Flame ,but texture is not import?

and I found in Flame substance_presets folder has a file (sbsar.p)? What is this? Thanks you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Grant.Kay
in reply to: bryan_tpe

Hi bryan_tpe

The .p file represents the proxy image that you normally see when looking at thumbnails the file browser.  It is just an image file so that you don't get a grey square when you look at your files this way.     Its the same when you save out a Batch setup or Action setup.  You will always get two files and one of them will end with .p.

As for the reason why the sbsar file wont open up in Flame needs to be looked at.  I cant tell exactly what the issue may be off the top of my head but one thing you can try, is to open up one of the sbsar included with Flame to see what the differences might be and go from there.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
mauryGEKKZ

I'm interested in this as well.
Message 4 of 5
mchesnay

Hi bryant_tpe.

Flame 2018 supports Substance Designer 5.5. Could it be that you're using a later version of Substance Designer?

Martin Chesnay
Learning Content Designer — EMS-Flame
Message 5 of 5
bryan_tpe
in reply to: mchesnay

OH My......., My version is 6 !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report