Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 ways in flame to replace media in batch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
joelosis
489 Views, 5 Replies

3 ways in flame to replace media in batch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mauryGEKKZ
in reply to: joelosis

Nice tut, as we have come to expect from you  🙂

I have a question:  How do you replace media in the time line, while keeping the timeline fx?  Currently, I put the new media in the layer above, copy the timeline fx from the old segment, and then replace the new segment over the old.  

Surely there must be a shortcut.....

Message 3 of 6
joelosis

I tend to do that too , sometimes it's nice to have a copy to refer back to.
this might be what ur after
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=_8Fbs5-nbVM
Message 4 of 6
fred.warren
in reply to: mauryGEKKZ

Hello @mauryGEKKZ

The tutorial Joel directed you to uses what you are looking for, but doesn't explicitly mention it. The key here is to use the Replace Media function / shortcut instead of the Replace one. 

• Replace will replace the entire segment in the Timeline (Shortcut is R in the Flame user profile)
  • Replace Media will only replace the media and will keep existing Timeline FX on the segment (Shortcut is Ctrl-Shift-R in the Flame user profile)

Finally, the Smart Replace shown by Grant in the tutorial is new to the 2017 version, but the Replace Media is not. It will be available to you if you use an older version.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

Cheers

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 5 of 6
mauryGEKKZ

Well, a gestural replace is a better way to describe what I think I'm looking for, it seems like a natural way to work. For instance: Legals and supers get updated all the time (in commercial finishing). It would be great to just gesturally drop the new item over the old (with a modifier key) and keep the existing transparency, comp mode etc.
Message 6 of 6
fred.warren
in reply to: mauryGEKKZ

Gestural Replace is not supported (Replace or Replace Media). Only Overwrite and Insert are possible.

Please register to the Flame Feedback program at flamefeedback.autodesk.com and submit an Improvement request for it.

Thanks,

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report