Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Autodesk software just got better. A new version is now available.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bhorstTGM48
627 Views, 5 Replies

Your Autodesk software just got better. A new version is now available.

Did any else get this email today? It seems to be ghost ware ATM... I cannot see the download?

Autodesk FeatureCAM - Premium 2018 Non-Language Specific Commercial Product Upgrade Windows From Subscription-AF Only

Qty: 1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
acad-caveman
in reply to: bhorstTGM48

I've got the E-mail as well, but apparently the actual 2018 package is not yet on the download server.

At this point I am not sure what this portion of the email means:

"Product Upgrade Windows From Subscription-AF Only"

Is it possible that the new version is only available for annual subscribers and not for those with perpetual licenses on active maintenance?

At the same time, it is also possible that someone just jumped the gun and sent the E-mail a bit too early.

If you search the site, you'll find a few videos of What's-New in the 2018 version, but clicking the more of what's new link goes to a nonexistent

place.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/featurecam/features/features-by-release

Message 3 of 6
acad-caveman
in reply to: bhorstTGM48

As of this afternoon ( 04/21/17 ) the 2018 version is on the download server.

Message 4 of 6
cfarber
in reply to: acad-caveman

If you dont like the office style buttons and favor your icon toolbar's you will hate FCAM2018. It appears FCAM has sold out to make it look good versus being efficient. What used to take 1 or 2 clicks on the icon based toolbar's now take double the clicks with the office button style ribbons. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH FCAMS DECISION TO GO WITH THE FORM OVER FUNCTION ROUTE.

Message 5 of 6
Matthias.K
in reply to: cfarber

Totally agree with that! Very bad decision to switch to ribbon style. Could deal with it if the custom ribbon would work bugfree.

Have you ever tried to add a multiple choice button to a custom ribbon? These buttons seem not to work.

Macro shortcuts can't be added to custom ribbons also. As our workflow is highly automated with custom macros this is a show stopper.

Will downgrade to 2017 again and wait for service pack. If this is the future of FeatureCam we will check to stay with FC2017 and cancel maintenance contract.

Message 6 of 6
cfarber
in reply to: Matthias.K

Yup The custom ribbons are very glitchy. I have the issue that sometimes the buttons are there and sometimes they are not. If I add a button the ones I used to have show up but when I save setting close and reopen the software they are gone.  With this amount of poor decisions and lack of response by autodesk on this thread makes me half tempted to look into a different cam system. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report