Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer license in FeatureCAM

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1647 Views, 8 Replies

Transfer license in FeatureCAM

Hi,

It,s possible tranfer my licence in FeatureCAM, How can I do that??

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
abhishek.juvekar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for raising your query though Autodesk Forum.

Delcam products are not using the standard Autodesk install framework. Hence they aren't coming packaged with some of the standard additional packages that would be included with Autodesk installs such as the license transfer utility. That leaves customers with perpetual licenses two options if they have reached their activation limit.

The initial release of the following Autodesk 2017 products do not include a Start menu shortcut for Autodesk’s License Transfer Utility (LTU):
•ArtCAM Premium 2017.
•FeatureCAM Standard 2017, FeatureCAM Premium 2017 & Feature Ultimate 2017.
•PowerInspect Standard 2017, PowerInspect Premium 2017 & PowerInspect Ultimate 2017.
•PowerShape Standard 2017, PowerShape Premium 2017 & PowerShape Ultimate 2017.
•PowerMill Standard 2017, PowerMill Premium 2017 & PowerMill Ultimate 2017.

Option 1:  The customer can Call(1-866 681 4359) or submit a case on the web to Autodesk for a manual activation. There isn't a mail alias to be used to raise cases directly. A partner  can also raise a case directly for the customer via the Partner center for a manual activation https://autodesk.secure.force.com/partner

Option 2: A customer can install a trial of another Autodesk product. Such as AutoCAD LT and that should load the license transfer utility on their system. The license transfer utility works across different products so getting it from a different install is a valid workaround, this method.

In the absence of a Start menu shortcut, customers who want to transfer a license from one computer to another can do so by creating a desktop shortcut to Autodesk’s License Transfer  Utility (LTU) utilizing the product key and version number corresponding with their Autodesk 2017 product.

Also refer the link for more information: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/artcam/troubleshooting/caas/simplecontent/content/im-ex-delcam-customer-how-do-i-transfer-my-autodesk-2017-license-one-computer-to-another.html#mtc-english

I hope I have answered your query. Please click on 'Accept as solution' if my post fully answers your query. If not let me know if you have any additional problem.

Thank you.

Abhishek
Message 3 of 9

I have tried this @abhishek.juvekar and I am having issues when I go to run machine simulation. I get a system error message that says library access violation: 41073-1245060.

I need to get this resolved as fast as possible. I attached a screen shot of the message.

Thank you,

Cody

Message 4 of 9
jd
Collaborator
in reply to: VitaeEssence

Hi,

I have written a bat-file the do the job to tranfer the licenses.

Best regards,
Jacob
Message 5 of 9
VitaeEssence
in reply to: jd

I'm confused. How does this help me? 

Message 6 of 9
jd
Collaborator

Hi,

Which liceses should you have tranfered FC Pre 2018 or?

Best regards,
Jacob
Message 7 of 9
VitaeEssence

Hey Jd,

The licenses I'm transferring is 2018. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly but I don't know if there is some kind of conflict if I create a .JOB file on one computer and then xfer the license to another and bring the .JOB file over there? 

What I do know is that I occasionally get a system error message. The problem doesn't happen if I just recreate the whole .JOB file from scratch. And of course, I would prefer to NOT do this every time.

Thank you,

Cody

Message 8 of 9
jd
Collaborator

Hi @VitaeEssence

Sorry, I have misunderstood it's about PartMarker, there I can't help you:-)

Best regards,
Jacob
Message 9 of 9
VitaeEssence

@jd

Partmaker is FeatureCAM. They are one in the same basically. You have to purchase FeatureCAM in order to obtain Partmaker.

Thank you for your help and hasty responses though.

Best regards,

Cody

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report