Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right angle head example

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jeff.brower
724 Views, 6 Replies

Right angle head example

We're having a little trouble getting a right angle head setup and working, thought an example of a working solution might help.

It's on a Haas 3 axis vertical machine.

Thanks,

Jeff

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Jeff,

Wish you a happy new year 2017.

I have not fully understood the question so I apologize if the answer is not satisfying but here is a video of right angled head support within FeatureCAM. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBB38RTnkZs

It is of turn/mill but same procedure to be followed for milling. Only thing is you need to switch on 4th axis positioning in stock indexing tab and select 'Index around stock Z axis' to enable right angled head support in milling document.

Thank you.

Abhishek
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Juvekaa,

That is helpful in showing us how to setup an angle head. I was hoping somebody had an example .FM file they could share.

We will look for that example file in the help system.

Thank you again,

Jeff

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff.brower

I am looking for the same answer as well. I just created a post very similiar, but I left out the idea of a working .fm file for an example. If i get there first, I will be sure to share.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff.brower

Jeff.brower

I have an .fm file if you still need it let me know.

Message 6 of 7
jeff.brower
in reply to: Anonymous

thomasg,

Yes, we would appreciate a good working test file, Thanks!

We've worked around our angle head requirement on this hot job and haven't had time to study the issue further.

Attaching the file here on the forum would allow others to use it as well.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: abhishek.juvekar

This video is not an in depth explanation of how to setup the right angle head if you follow his directions the head/holder setup does not work we have had 4 different people try to follow this video in our shop. All of them came out with the same result the holder is not displayed correctly or at the right orientation. Can some one please provide a step by step for holder setup because this clearly doesnt work!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report