Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC Code: Incremental G90 vs Absolute G91

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
akbarrK5JW5
1132 Views, 5 Replies

NC Code: Incremental G90 vs Absolute G91

Hello, my name is Alex. Autodesk is a great organization so I am confident I can get help with my problem, thank you.

I am trying to generate g code using FeatureCAM for a 2D toolpath. I am able to create the path and view the simulation. However, the NC code results are odd. It seems the IJ turns are starting from the origin and going to the center of curvature. This isn't what I need. The IJ turns should start at the beginning of the curve and go to the center of curvature regardless of incremental G90 or absolute G91.

The simulation run follows the path I want it to take exactly which is reassuring. Here is the goal I need to achieve: Learn how to generate a 2D g code that works in my equipment, either in G90 or G91.

I had a job that I needed FeatureCAM for recently and it spat out useless code. This was disappointing as I had just renewed the maintenance package days before for $750. I ended up writing the g code by hand which took me 2 days to do, so I know how the code is supposed to look.

Thank you and I look forward to the community's response.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bhorstTGM48
in reply to: akbarrK5JW5

You need to spend some time with tech support and get your post-processors dialed in. The process is a bit painful in the beginning but the end results are far worth it. We have about 30 CNC machines, with various different controls, FeatureCam spits out perfect code for all of them. 4 axis, live tool lathes with Y axis and sub spindle. 

Message 3 of 6

Hi @akbarrK5JW5,

Welcome to Autodesk Community!

It seems your post processor needs to be modified to suit your requirement. Can you please create a support case from your Autodesk Account? You can mention the case number here. We will verify your support request and try to resolve it.

Thank you.

Abhishek
Message 4 of 6
akbarrK5JW5
in reply to: bhorstTGM48

Thank you for the insight. After experimenting with the post process settings, I have learned a lot about FeatureCAM and its capabilities and am very impressed. I have found settings that suit my needs and am very satisfied.

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for the insight. After experimenting with the post process settings, I have learned a lot about FeatureCAM and its capabilities and am very impressed. I have found settings that suit my needs and am very satisfied.

Message 6 of 6

Hi @akbarrK5JW5,

Glad to know you have resolved your issue. Great!

Thank you.

Abhishek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report