Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead in/outoptions : Helical

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
793 Views, 14 Replies

Lead in/outoptions : Helical

Hi,

How can I change the direction (CW - CCW) in an helical entry, my strategy is Z level Rough. In a 2D mill strategy I can but in a 3D mill strategy the option dont work.

I need that the tool direction be CW in an helical entry.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
TomOliver
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't seem to figure anything out either. I thought it would have to do with the direction you are milling but going from conventional to climb milling doesn't change the ramp direction. This may be a possible idea or suggestion for the next update. 

Inventor Professional
Autocad LT
FeatureCam Ultimate
Fusion 360

Message 3 of 15
glorcXLYL8

Hi,

Have you tried Manufacturing / Machining Attributes / Helical Ramping - Helical Options / CW?

I am using an older version so I'm not sure if it will work for you.

Message 4 of 15
curtisreed

Did you go into the properties of the feature, click on rough1, then milling tab and look to the right side of the window it says direction? Open and change to climb milling.

Message 5 of 15
TomOliver
in reply to: curtisreed

Neither of those options made a difference when I tried them on his program. Were you able to get them working?

Inventor Professional
Autocad LT
FeatureCam Ultimate
Fusion 360

Message 6 of 15
curtisreed
in reply to: TomOliver

Yes, it reversed the interpolation direction on his program when I ran it.

Message 7 of 15
TomOliver

Yes. When I changed the direction it changes the interpolation direction. It didn't change the helical ramp entry direction. I believe Diego wants the tool to move CW on the helical ramp entry. 

Inventor Professional
Autocad LT
FeatureCam Ultimate
Fusion 360

Message 8 of 15
curtisreed
in reply to: TomOliver

Yep, Tom you are right. Guess I just read what I wanted to see because I don't know why you would want to do a conventional entry there but to each his own.

Message 9 of 15
glorcXLYL8

I see what you mean.  It looks like using the Vortex milling strategy and setting the vortex minimum radius attribute to a large number such as 40 mm or more might be a possible work around until they get the issue fixed.

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: glorcXLYL8

Yes, but dont works, I have FeatureCAM 2017 ULTIMATE

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Yes, but dont works, only change the cut direction but the helical direction not

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Which version do you have installed?

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

In fact a customer asked me this, his tool customer recommended it (ISCAR)

Message 14 of 15
curtisreed

I'm running Premium version 23.0.0.98.

Message 15 of 15
abhishek.juvekar

Hi @Anonymous,

There is no option to change the direction of helical ramp in Z level rough. But you can use FeatureCAM's old 3d code to define ramp direction yourself. Generally it is not recommended to use old 3d code unless it is really necessary because no support is provided for old 3d code.

Please find the attached fm file in which I have created a surface milling feature using Z level. Then in the operation list, simply select the operation and right click it. You can see the option 'Use old 3d code'. Select it and go back to Z level feature. In rough1/leads tab, you can see the option to choose ramp type 'Helical' and its direction CW or CCW.

Somehow 'use old 3d code' is not working on your feature. Hence I had to create a new feature, where it has worked.

Hope this helps.

Thank You

Abhishek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report