Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save a model in Part Library without Setup Stream?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
atomic.lex
451 Views, 5 Replies

How to save a model in Part Library without Setup Stream?

atomiclex_0-1681376331581.png

When i try to save some models in Part Library, it makes additional Setup Stream for the model. 
How could it be avoid ?

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I don't know if my suggestion adds something to your needs, but I don't use part library anymore.

Instead, I created a program with all my template operations and then I copy paste them to the program I am creating.

Sometimes I paste the entire operation and then change the curves, and others I create a new operation and just paste the atributes from my template.

I just find it easier to manage when I need to change something in the templates.

Message 3 of 6

Hi.

This part of FeatureCAM is a little old-school. The problem is your decimal point in the feature name.  Some characters will create this situation, and starting an entity name with a numeral will do the same thing. I would suggest replacing the decimal with an underscore - and always begin the name with a letter.

I hope this helps!

Chris Cole
Senior Solutions Engineer
Message 4 of 6
Rick.Merryman
in reply to: atomic.lex

That is what works for me. Like you said, start with a letter and have nothing else but letters, numbers and underscores. Make sure that there are no spaces between them.

Message 5 of 6

Hi, can you tell more about, how it should work?

Message 6 of 6
atomic.lex
in reply to: atomic.lex

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Finally i found a reason, why FeatureCAM saves this feature as a stream.
The process operation of entire feature was selected as "between 2 curves". That's why those two curves came together with a feature in part library as a stream.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report