Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
332 Views, 8 Replies

Files

I am new to the feature cam and working with a Fanuc 3 axis machine.  I can import files and get to the end but cant get a file to convert to read.  I am not sure what  format to use if it is a .cnc or .cam or etc.?

If someone would help me at the end of a part, run your tool path, and the post to processor?  after that I keep on messing up

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Craig-B
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Want to make sure I'm understanding you.  Are you having problems posting out code that you can run on your fanuc control?  When you reference .cnc or .cam files, our posts processors have the extension .cnc.  Anything with the extension .cnc will be your post.  Let me know if I'm understanding you or not.

Thanks,

Craig Burney

Applications Engineer
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Craig-B

thanks for your help,  It seems I have not got the hang of this yet.  but what ate the steps from running file path to sending it to machine.

do you 

save

save as

export

or some thing in the xbuild

I am sorry trying to do this job and not familiar with this I know some.

Jeff

Message 4 of 9
Craig-B

@Anonymous,

In order to get code in FeatureCAM you need to run a simulation with the current loaded post (.cnc file) in order to get code to run on that machine.  Once a simulation is done you are able to view the code that was created by clicking on the "NC Code" tab at the bottom of the Operation List menu on the right side of your FeatureCAM screen.  When it goes to actually saving the code so you can run it on your machine, go to the "File" menu then down to "Save NC".  This will allow you to save the NC Code to a specific location on your PC so you can send it to the machine.  Hopefully this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Craig Burney

Applications Engineer
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Craig-B

Hey It has the file locations already populated and it seems to just want to save a different format. I did 2 different parts and I went into the file and they looks the same, clearly I am missing something.

How much would you charge to take 15 minutes to walk me through on a phone as I do it.  I am more a on hands learner.

Again I would be happy to pay you I just am about to give up. maybe I am importing parts wrong?

Jeff

1-501-238-0009

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I wanted to check in, would you be interested in helping me.  I would gladly pay you and you could just walk me through it on the phone 10 minutes?

If you are not interested would you please tell me, or even if you know someone.  i surely could use the help, and gladly pay for some time.

I am having a file issue and not sure which files it is.  Maybe I am trying the wrong type of file for a fanuc machine and  if it will accept it for sure.  I  purchased it a while back and just now trying to use it again.

Please, pretty please, i am begging you.

Jeff

501-238-0009

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I'm not certain that I understand the problem.  From what I can tell, it sounds as though you're having difficulty saving your NC code.  If that's the case, you have another option other than File - Save NC.  What I always do is to just copy the text from the NC Code tab in the results window and then paste it into a text document.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Would you be interested in calling me. I will pay for your time.  I am sure I am missing something simple and will feel stupid afterwards but will you help me.

Jeff

501-238-0009

Message 9 of 9
Craig-B

@Anonymous,

Please feel free to contact support via your Autodesk account and create an online case, or you can call our support lines at 1-877-335-2261.  All customers that are on current maintenance are entitled to online and phone support.

Thanks,

Craig Burney

Applications Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report